• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gpu driver conflicts?

Associate
Hi
I managed to get a 3060ti fe but currently have a rx580 in my rig. I'm planning on selling the rx580 but before I sell it I obviously want to check the 3060ti is working then put the rx580 back in so who ever buys it can see it working.
What would be the best way of going about installing/ uninstalling drivers? Or just leave both sets of drivers on until I sell rx580?

Soldato
DDU from Guru3D, each swap, is the only way when moving from one manufacturer to another.
Leaving anything behind could easily cause conflicts.

Oh, don't believe the scaremongering about DDU.

Soldato
then put the rx580 back in so who ever buys it can see it working.

Have a separate install of Windows on a separate SSD set up for the 580 with a selection of games. Then when the purchaser comes to test it you put that SSD and the RX 580 in and remove your main one so there's no possibility of accidental damage or data loss.

Indeed, if you have an old PC you can set up for this purpose, so much the better.

Back
Top Bottom