• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU Issues, help much appreciated!

Associate
Hello! I was wondering if any of you kind folks could help me out, I've been having this issue recently that's become more and more common, I could be playing any type of game (seems to happen more with Unreal Engine 4 games like Ark: Survival Evolved) Chatting on discord via text or voice, watching something via google chrome browser or even just idling doing nothing at all.

The screen / game / window will flicker for a quick second, and if the game is running it will crash or the other windows just recover. I check the event viewer and see either "insert X" has been blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware (event ID 4109) or the most common one that happens daily is "Display Driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered (event ID 4101).

I have tried everything from reinstalling Windows, reinstalling GPU Drivers via safe mode and an uninstall program like DDU and reinstalling manually, TDR delay time to 8/15/20/30 seconds, Under clocking my GPU, updating Mobo but nothing works, at this point I am lost, I have no idea if it's faulty hardware or what, I purchased all this from OCUK in their PC build bundle, I did have an issue with Faulty RAM and PSU unit but I sent it back and they added better parts, but now this issue is very annoying and I can't get in touch with their support team to get help!

PC Specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Eight Core 4.4GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - MPK
Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming AMD X470 (Socket AM4) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
GeForce RTX 2080 Super EVO OC 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-Express
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 XMP 2.0
Super Flower 850 psu

Associate
OP
Not yet, I will try there too thanks, I assumed since I couldn't get in contact with anyone via phone / email that they are still shut down or something because of that damn Covid virus.

Soldato
Did you update the motherboard bios?

If so then the next thing I would try is to run the RAM at 2133 or 2400, whatever non XMP settings are, to negate the RAM as the issue. If it's still the same then remove each RAM stick at a time and try with either RAM stick, then the other, just in case one of hte RAM sticks have gone bad.

Man of Honour
In Windows power options have you tried disabling link state power management, or setting to high performance? Are you using any monitoring software?

Back
Top Bottom