• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU needed, no budget

OcUK Staff
Just had a look bud need abit more info though really to help.

As in some bios screen shots.

Have you mem tested the RAM at those settings??? what are the default timings of it???

Have you tried lower multi higher BLK??? Have you tried lower PLL volts around 1.65??

How you cooling the vrm's??

Post up some Bios screenies including RAM settings and I will have a good luck yeah.

Caporegime
Just had a look bud need abit more info though really to help.

As in some bios screen shots.

Have you mem tested the RAM at those settings??? what are the default timings of it???

Have you tried lower multi higher BLK??? Have you tried lower PLL volts around 1.65??

How you cooling the vrm's??

Post up some Bios screenies including RAM settings and I will have a good luck yeah.

Nice one cheers.

I will post some screenies on the ROG forum so as to not derail this thread :)

Associate
A single 7970/7950/680/670 will be plenty for a single 1080p screen, no need to go for multiple cards or a 690, unless for e-peen. If you are getting a 3770k (as that is what I think you are getting from the sounds of it) then you should overclock it. Under international law, it is actually illegal to buy a K series processor and not overclock it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
If you are getting a 3770k (as that is what I think you are getting from the sounds of it) then you should overclock it. Under international law, it is actually illegal to buy a K series processor and not overclock it.

Yes there is a special court in the Hague that deals with this sort of thing

I believe the penalties are quite severe

20 years hard labour with an AMD CPU.:cool:

Soldato
What resolution are you using? Because you probably won't even need to spend loads on a GPU, and regardless as to whether a budget is necessary or not, it's always good to save money.

Back
Top Bottom