• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU prices

Associate
Hi, Im looking to upgrade my GPU from a 7950. Im aware that prices for GPUs got crazy for a while, but I'm wondering if they still are? I don't follow the market closely and cant remember the price ranges of the past, and I dont want to upgrade if they're going to get a lot cheaper within the next year. The 2070 (£460) seems to be the same price as the 1080 (£460), which isn't a whole lot more that a 1070 (£360) which seems unusual to me. The 2070 actually seems to be the best value in terms of FPS per £. On top of that everyone online (US/Canada at least) seems to be talking about how the 2070 isnt worth it? I just don't know what to make of it all. How good/bad are the prices at the moment?

Associate
OP
The 1070 is only 20% cheaper than the 2070, and the 2070 performs about 30% better, which makes it better value. I gather then that the prices are still screwed. Can you remember how much a 1070 used to cost? I have a vague feeling it was £275 ish.

Back
Top Bottom