GPU running at 92% on 3dmark

Associate
Hi All,
Hi all, i have a new gaming laptop & I'm trying to work out why my GPU doesn't run at 100% on the graphics tests in 3dmark...
The laptop is new - link below to the exact make/model and specs:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/medi...-intel-i7-10750h-gaming-laptop-lt-00v-md.html
Specs also below:
Intel Core i7-10750H
32MB DDR4 2666mhz running in dual-channel (I upgraded this because stock comes with only 1 x 16mb stick in single channel)
Nvidia RTX2070 Super mobile (NOT the max-q version)
Windows 10 home + latest updates
Latest geforce drivers (excluding geforce experience)
Below are a couple of graphs of what seems to be happening - as you can see, GPU load rarely goes above about 95%, when running Firestrike, and my (stock) graphics score of around 20,500 does seem to be a bit lower than the average for systems with identical cpu/gpu combo...
Temps are also good, at max around 72 degrees on GPU and 80-82 on CPU
3dmark%20firestrike.jpg

Hwinfo64%20Data%20Firestrike.jpg

Something's holding me back, and i'm not sure what! ANy suggestions would be gratefully received!
Many thanks

Associate
OP
Hiya, yes obviously it's plugged in- unplugged it scores like 2000!
20k overall score? Most with this combo score around 19k overall & 22k graphics score on stock frequencies. I can only get to 22k graphics by overclocking. I'm around 20.5k stock on graphics (and 17k overall)
The difference is definitely GPU load, but I cant find what would potentially hold it back... I know the GPU is capable of 99/100% load because that's what it runs at on Furmark

Associate
OP
Hi Flyingscotsman / Joxeon, no i don't think it's a CPU bottleneck overall (certainly not in the graphics tests of 3dMark anyway) as the i7-10750H is a pretty decent CPU, and my CPU/physix scores seem to be pretty strong. Upgrading the ram to dual-channel made a huge difference in towns on Kingdom Come: Deliverance which was the main reason for the upgrade (about +30% FPS in towns/castles). The BIOS is American Megatrends N.1.05 and no there doesn't seem to be a CPU wattage override - only an under/overvolt tweaker (albeit only allows a tiny 50mv under/over value so i undervolted the CPU by 50mv - has possibly reduced temps by about 2 degrees but not much difference). PS no it isn't the reason for the low GPU load!
I can run Intel XTU, and although it doesn't allow me to mess with the clockspeeds, it will allow me to tweak the CPU wattage - is it worthwhile? If so, should i remove my undervolt?, and should i lower or increase the cpu wattage?
Thanks chaps

Back
Top Bottom