GPU running at 92% on 3dmark

Associate
Hi All,
Hi all, i have a new gaming laptop & I'm trying to work out why my GPU doesn't run at 100% on the graphics tests in 3dmark...
The laptop is new - link below to the exact make/model and specs:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/medi...-intel-i7-10750h-gaming-laptop-lt-00v-md.html
Specs also below:
Intel Core i7-10750H
32MB DDR4 2666mhz running in dual-channel (I upgraded this because stock comes with only 1 x 16mb stick in single channel)
Nvidia RTX2070 Super mobile (NOT the max-q version)
Windows 10 home + latest updates
Latest geforce drivers (excluding geforce experience)
Below are a couple of graphs of what seems to be happening - as you can see, GPU load rarely goes above about 95%, when running Firestrike, and my (stock) graphics score of around 20,500 does seem to be a bit lower than the average for systems with identical cpu/gpu combo...
Temps are also good, at max around 72 degrees on GPU and 80-82 on CPU
3dmark%20firestrike.jpg

Hwinfo64%20Data%20Firestrike.jpg

Something's holding me back, and i'm not sure what! ANy suggestions would be gratefully received!
Many thanks

Associate
Anyone? Driving me round the twist haha
GPU-Z perfcap says pwr, which i understand to be normal...

Just browsing scores with your CPU/GPU combo and there is only one single score above 20k where the GPU memory clock is sitting at 1750. Any scores above that are running higher core and mem frequencies.

Associate
OP
Hiya, yes obviously it's plugged in- unplugged it scores like 2000!
20k overall score? Most with this combo score around 19k overall & 22k graphics score on stock frequencies. I can only get to 22k graphics by overclocking. I'm around 20.5k stock on graphics (and 17k overall)
The difference is definitely GPU load, but I cant find what would potentially hold it back... I know the GPU is capable of 99/100% load because that's what it runs at on Furmark

Associate
OP
Hi Flyingscotsman / Joxeon, no i don't think it's a CPU bottleneck overall (certainly not in the graphics tests of 3dMark anyway) as the i7-10750H is a pretty decent CPU, and my CPU/physix scores seem to be pretty strong. Upgrading the ram to dual-channel made a huge difference in towns on Kingdom Come: Deliverance which was the main reason for the upgrade (about +30% FPS in towns/castles). The BIOS is American Megatrends N.1.05 and no there doesn't seem to be a CPU wattage override - only an under/overvolt tweaker (albeit only allows a tiny 50mv under/over value so i undervolted the CPU by 50mv - has possibly reduced temps by about 2 degrees but not much difference). PS no it isn't the reason for the low GPU load!
I can run Intel XTU, and although it doesn't allow me to mess with the clockspeeds, it will allow me to tweak the CPU wattage - is it worthwhile? If so, should i remove my undervolt?, and should i lower or increase the cpu wattage?
Thanks chaps

Back
Top Bottom