• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU running at x16 1.1 4070ti super

Associate
Hi All,

My friend bought himself a 4070ti super

he has an i9900k
Rog Maximus Hero XI

the frames he is getting in games is quite low, he just upgraded from a 2080 , and has not seen an improvement, if anything a dip in frames

Gaz1.png

It showing the above error, have confirmed he has it in the correct slot on Mobo for single GPU, only has an M.2 plugged in other than the RAM

is this normal because of limitations of his board? or could there be something else? should this not be running at 3.0?

All help appreciated!

thanks

Soldato
Your friend needs to put the graphics card in a workload then look at that pcie 1.1 issue as that is normal power saving when idle. When stressed the card will go up to pcie x 16 4.0 or 3.0 if the motherboard or cpu only support 3.0, if not may need reseating but the picture you show says the correct information and the card is detected at x16 4.0 specs.

It's also not an error just a status information.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Good to know, thanks a lot, ill get him to put this on the 2nd screen when gaming and see if it changes, hopefully it does and nothing to worry about!

thanks!

Soldato
What resolution? At below 4k high/max I would expect a bottleneck.

Also I assume he is not running with vsync or anything. Given how old the CPU is, I assume the cooler isn't now caked in dust and thermal paste has been reapplied, to avoid unnecessary CPU throttling.

9900K is now old. Wasn't even good when it came out, so even getting it running at its peak and higher settings may not completely help.

edit:

Quite a few 9900K + 4080 owners here. Mixed picture.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom