• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU sag fixed!

Associate
My new 3090 was suffering from some bad GPU sag which was doing my head in and was painful to look at. Was looking at some brackets which screw onto the backplates but a few reviews said there was still sag with them. Saw this little stand online for around £10 and have to say it does its job perfectly.

GPU no longer looks like its about to snap the PCI-E port off the motherboard. :p

Just thought i would post a few pics to show how well the support stand works if anyone else was looking for a simple solution. It comes with a second post and arm for sli support. Did not need for mine so not installed.

dice 1d3

dice 1d3

Associate
Little bit jealous:D Nice solution. Seen others use this as well in past builds with good reviews. Got a 3080 MSI trio on order and didn't realise it comes with a bracket in the box until recently but I'll see how bad it is without. Was a bit worried about this before. I have the H510 elite case and seen pictures of the same card in my case and it doesn't look like there's as much clearance as they say there should be haha.. v tight. Does fit though so there's that:D

Last edited:

ne0

ne0

Associate
I bought a very similar stand for similar price off Amazon before my card even had a chance to start sagging. Essential piece of equipment for a large card imo. Looks the part and does the job perfectly.

ne0

ne0

Associate
BTW where did you get those nice red custom cables? It's the only thing missing from my build.

Caporegime
I had that PSU back then, it left a carbon build-up on the 12v GPU pins, to the point where eventually it was disconnecting the power to the GPU.
Still use it. It has been a fantastic PSU! It has been in use almost 24/7 since brand new (over 60K hours) and much of that time the system has been at 100% load, at times pulling 750W+ from the wall. It doesn't get hot, it doesn't get loud, it just works.

I saw the wall reading reach 860W once when running Heaven benchmark with 2x overclocked R9 390X in Crossfire and it was fine. (860W at the wall is about 731W at the PSU, and it is rated to 744W on 12V.)

My second PC has the 650W 80+ Bronze version in it.

Never heard of the phenomenon you described happening, how does that even happen? :eek:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Still use it. It has been a fantastic PSU! It has been in use almost 24/7 since brand new (over 60K hours) and much of that time the system has been at 100% load, at times pulling 750W+ from the wall. It doesn't get hot, it doesn't get loud, it just works.

I saw the wall reading reach 860W once when running Heaven benchmark with 2x overclocked R9 390X in Crossfire and it was fine. (860W at the wall is about 731W at the PSU, and it is rated to 744W on 12V.)

My second PC has the 650W 80+ Bronze version in it.

Never heard of the phenomenon you described happening, how does that even happen? :eek:

I have no idea how something like that happens, i think there was something wrong with mine.

Just bought the same one but without the branding:

GV9cZGq.jpg.png

Looks stealthy in your case.

Back
Top Bottom