• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU Support bracket

Associate
Hi,

Any ideas of a solution to help support the end of a heavy GPU from board droop?

I'm currently using a discrete cable method, but just wondering if there are any proper PCI-e support brackets etc?

Its a 3 slot 1080 and its heavy!

Cheers.

Soldato
Some people have posted pictures on here before of using things on the bottom of the case to prop up the corner of the GPU - a bit of black dowel rod cut to the right size is very discrete, a lego man holding it up is more of a statement. Some others use fishing line between the GPU corner and the top of the case as an almost invisible support method.

There are GPU support brackets available (according to Google), but they're pretty pricey and in the US, so I don't know how much one would cost to ship to the UK. You can fine "PCI Side-Blown Graphics Card Mount Cooling Fan Bracket For North & South Bridge" which are pretty cheap and may be suitable for mounting along your GPU and attaching at the other end?

Personally, I went for a case with the motherboard rotated 90 degrees (Silverstone do several) so my GPUs are perpendicular to the ground rather than horizontal, so gravity isn't a problem. :)

Associate
OP
Just a quick update for anyone else who was after the same thing as me. The ASUS VGA Holder arrived today and is superb. Excellent bit of kit. You can easily remove any of the card supports, the supports have a nice soft rubber coated platform and the extension arm feels like a smooth air/spring loaded hydraulic.

Overclockers really should stock it.

Thumbs up from me then. :)

Soldato
Here is what I did... I designed and manufactured a patented AGSD... Anti GPU Sag Device. I plan to sell these for £20 each and float my company on the NYSE... "Your son made it mama... he's a success"

evolv5.jpg

evolv7.jpg

success.jpg

Or you could just make one yourself from a piece of PETG and vinyl wrap of your choice... :D:D:D

Soldato
Two cable ties worked for me. Tied off to a nearby bit of case metal. Supports nicely and cost next to nothing.

They also.work in harmony with the ghetto 140mm fan strapped to the graphics card.

Soldato
I used Lego blocks to prop mine up, 6 x 2 by 2 blocks under the corner of the card nearest to you :D also made sure they were blue to match my colour scheme lol

Back
Top Bottom