• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU temps?

Soldato
Just wondered if anyone keeps an eye on idle temps throughout the year?

I'm positive when i bought this machine (xmas time) mine was at 36c, today its reading 51c.

Funnily enough its not even that hot today, and this is probably the highest idle temp i've seen so far from the card.

I wonder how many people living on the edge (overclocking) end up frying their chips in the summer due to the increase of air temps?

Roll on the winter i say.

In the summer just gone/going - my card was getting close to 85+ish on load which is pretty high compared, but my room has terrible ventilation, a lot of the time I forgot about checking my temps and ending up in a panic and slapping it up too 100%fan speed :p

Hehe, my last X850 XT Platinum started idling at 38ish and went up to 44ish...that was just under a years use. But I did my it shortly after christmas, so it was cold back then.

deleted said:
In the summer just gone/going - my card was getting close to 85+ish on load which is pretty high compared, but my room has terrible ventilation, a lot of the time I forgot about checking my temps and ending up in a panic and slapping it up too 100%fan speed :p

This room is terrible for heat.

The computer has been moved as well, it used to stand on the desk next to the window, i think i might move it back there.

Can you remember what they were before the summer, just want to know the difference a couple of seasons can make.

dokko said:
This room is terrible for heat.

The computer has been moved as well, it used to stand on the desk next to the window, i think i might move it back there.

Can you remember what they were before the summer, just want to know the difference a couple of seasons can make.

in this weather my card never goes over 75 with an OC just using a step up fan speed system also, constant 100%speed is too noisy

Spooni said:
Hehe, my last X850 XT Platinum started idling at 38ish and went up to 44ish...that was just under a years use. But I did my it shortly after christmas, so it was cold back then.

That's not too bad a jump really, i think i might look at cooling when i get my next shop in.

I recently bought an EVGA 7900GT KO - one of the factory overclocked cards. I installed it today and to my shock saw load temps of over 90c! It was replacing an XFX 7800GT (also factory overclocked) which ran way cooler in the same case at the same ambient temps. I'm hoping a Zalman VGA cooler will sort it out.

darwin said:
I recently bought an EVGA 7900GT KO - one of the factory overclocked cards. I installed it today and to my shock saw load temps of over 90c! It was replacing an XFX 7800GT (also factory overclocked) which ran way cooler in the same case at the same ambient temps. I'm hoping a Zalman VGA cooler will sort it out.

That's high, but under load in this temps, i imaging down south being a bit warmer than up here in Whitley Bay.

I'm thinking a Zalman. Loved the Acellero but it doesn't cool enough.

I live in the midlands in Ireland, so no great heatwaves here :p Room temp is around 23c so I reckon the stock cooler on that evga isn't up to the job at all (even though it's made of copper)

darwin said:
I live in the midlands in Ireland, so no great heatwaves here :p Room temp is around 23c so I reckon the stock cooler on that evga isn't up to the job at all (even though it's made of copper)

Its about 26c in here, with no ventilation, its a bit stuffy to say the least.

I like this though:

Zalman FC-ZV9 Fatal1ty Dual Heatpipe

Gets some good reviews, 20C drop under load, tests say its quiet as well.

Not sure if i want to fork out £30 for a fan on a GFX card that is now only worth £130 max.

Back
Top Bottom