• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU Upgrade

Associate
Hi all,

I've been rocking my 4670K, 2x 2GB 770 rig for a while and I'm starting to see performance loss in newer titles such as playerunknown's battlegrounds, rust, GTA 5, Just Cause 3 and No Man's Sky. These cards have served me well in the past but I'm afraid it's time to finally upgrade!

Running these in SLI just about lets me play video games on semi-decent graphics in around 60fps. I'm kinda fed up of having to look at low poly models/ textures just so I can get the a tolerable framerate.

I'm looking to get rid of my two 770's and hopefully get some money towards buying a new GPU. I'm not sure whether my current rig needs upgrading in order to benefit from getting a new GPU either to be honest.

Was looking to purchase a 6GB 980ti if I can get my hands on it somewhere as they're no longer in production. Does anyone have any cards to recommend? Perhaps a good value for money 10 series NVIDIA card? I'm not really sure where to go with this.

Thanks!

EDIT: have 2 Monitors, 1080p @ 60Hz

Last edited:
Associate
what res & monitor refresh rate?

i'd say

1080p / 60hz - rx 480.
1080p / 144hz 1070/980 ti
1440p / 60hz - 1070/980 ti
1440p / 144hz 1080/ti
4k / 60 - 1080 ti

Back