• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU Warranties

Soldato
I hadn't really noticed before but what's happened to AMD cards, only 2 years? Some of the Nvidia card go to 5 years. It can't be about cost as the AMD cards aren't cheap anymore. Do they have less confidence in the newer GPU's?

Caporegime
The warranty period is especially crap this time around, considering we’re paying a lot more for the cards I don’t see why it’s a miserly 2 year warranty at all. Should be 3 at a minimum.

Permabanned
The warranty period is especially crap this time around, considering we’re paying a lot more for the cards I don’t see why it’s a miserly 2 year warranty at all. Should be 3 at a minimum.
Especially considering some brands skimp on thermal pads, some put bad quality fans in them, some of them do not design their layout properly so their pads are not properly contacting with memory/vrm or whatever there is...

Caporegime
Especially considering some brands skimp on thermal pads, some puts bad quality fans in them, some of them do not design their layout properly so their pads are not properly contacting with memory/vrm or whatever there is...

I think last time around most amd cards had around a 3 year warranty, that’s now decreased to 2 and it seems to be the same across different stores.

Associate
Yea I noticed that too! Sapphire Toxic 6900XT with a 2yr warranty??? Come on.... for £1700+ I expect more.
To me... it really shows a lack of faith in there own product.
3 years should be the minimum. ITs what FE cards have, and to me that should be the baseline. The AIBs should match or ideally beat that.

Caporegime
i suppose because you paid inflated prices you deserve better warranties, classic:cry::cry:

Warranty periods on amd have been declining over the last few years, 3 years used to be pretty standard with a few offering 2 years. Sometimes it used to vary depending on where you bought the card, but now 2 years seems more or less standard across the 6000 series.

Nothing "classic" about it, just another check mark in the nvidia box for better warranty support, 2 years for what in a lot of instances is the most expensive piece of hardware in a pc (and generally the one more prone to some sort of failure) is lacklustre at best.

Soldato
personally i always check warranty before buying a gpu,if folk are complaining about warranty longevity, its their fault for buying without looking. no point moaning afte the fact imo, i wouldnt touch a gpu with a 2yr warranty especially if paying ott prices

Associate
in uk there is a law for goods to be of reasonable quality. if they are expensive.

once this mining craze goes away and stock goes back to normal, warranty will play big part in deciding what to buy.

Soldato
3rd parties are making more profit than the chip makers in the current climate. If anything blame scalpers for not giving a longer warranty for a £1700 GPU

I predict than when the mining craze is over, AMD will provide longer warrenty.

Soldato
OP
3rd parties are making more profit than the chip makers in the current climate. If anything blame scalpers for not giving a longer warranty for a £1700 GPU

I predict than when the mining craze is over, AMD will provide longer warrenty.

I hear distributers play a large part in price hikes too.

Soldato
I'm done with AMD particularly Sapphire as my brother vega 56 pulse just popped its clogs 3 months after warranty ended, the card was hardly used.

Definitely nvidia evga or zotac this time around.

Associate
I'm done with AMD particularly Sapphire as my brother vega 56 pulse just popped its clogs 3 months after warranty ended, the card was hardly used.

Definitely nvidia evga or zotac this time around.
Just FYI, Zotac asks you to jump through lots of hoops, at least in my neck of the woods.

Back
Top Bottom