• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU-Z VRel, VOp

Associate
well i have come to using GPU-Z to see what is happening when i have fps drops and stuff.

seems the only thing i can see is VRel and VOp in the perfcap reason.

what are the reasons for this? could it be my PSU isnt sufficient enough? it is CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE.

this happens with no overclock. it also happens when i turn all the power settings up ie. mV and power limit.

Tbh its not causing me any problems i would just like to know.

Associate
They are normal states for the GPU.

VRel = Card in maximum boost state as limited by current voltage

VOp = Card in maximum boost state as limited by maximum permitted voltage (card running at maximum overvolt)

You can also get:

Thrm = Card limited by temperature (Target temp exceeded)

pwr = Card limited by power consumption (TDP exceeded)

Util = Card not in maximum boost state due to low GPU load.

The top two states are normal. In any reasonably demanding game you'll have one or the other depending on if you've overvolted your card you not. The next two states occur when the GPU is starting to reduce it's clockspeeds due to an event (power usage too high or card running too hot). The last state is what you get at idle, or if a game isn't very demanding and the card clocks down to save power.

Soldato
Very old post I know but would a modified bios with max boost state and voltage remove the VRel and VOp and in turn allow for higher core clocks? Card is only at 57c in GPUZ render test

FYI, increasing core voltage to +50mV and running fans at 100% so the card is at 48c under full load does not alter the PerfCap Reason

Back
Top Bottom