Gran Turismo 6 Total Install Size

Soldato
Thinking about getting this for my PS3 but i've only got a 60GB SSD. Would anyone here be able to tell me what the total size of the game installed is please, up to the latest patch?

Thanks.

Soldato
You are going to have fun with the downloads I'll say that much! Unless you know to install it properly, unlike other games on PS3. Looking on from threads a year old, around 22GB.

I can boot up mine and check if you want a more accurate reading?

Man of Honour
Seasonal Events are still updated. Played it last week.

Haven't watched the video linked above but you basically have to do the updates in stages. Otherwise it just fails. Be prepared for at least 24 hours of downloading and installing to get the game fully up to date.

Soldato
1. Download and install the first update, then cancel the next update that comes along and turn off the internet on the PS3.
2. Launch the game, let it install there.
3. Quit the game at the main menu.
4. Turn back on the internet and download the next update.

And repeat, that is what I did simply.

Soldato
OP
You are going to have fun with the downloads I'll say that much! Unless you know to install it properly, unlike other games on PS3. Looking on from threads a year old, around 22GB.

I can boot up mine and check if you want a more accurate reading?

That would be ideal. If you can make sure it's as up to date as possible and give the the whole size i'd appreciate it.

Seasonal Events are still updated. Played it last week.

Haven't watched the video linked above but you basically have to do the updates in stages. Otherwise it just fails. Be prepared for at least 24 hours of downloading and installing to get the game fully up to date.

24 hours of downloading and installing!??!?!

Man of Honour
That would be ideal. If you can make sure it's as up to date as possible and give the the whole size i'd appreciate it.

24 hours of downloading and installing!??!?!
Mainly because you have to do it in stages.

I think it's normally recommend to do it in 3 or 4 stages. So for arguments sake there's 20 updates, you download the first 7, install what you've got so far. Then start again. And because the installation times are so slow you end up leaving your PS3 on for ages, going back to it to start the next part and so on.

Soldato
yup remember how slow GT5 on PS3 was, installing update after update. So much for console ease of use ;)

I guess Gt6 is pretty cheap, and suppose should get it as hardly used the console.

Man of Honour
It's really putting me off getting it to be honest. I'm just tempted to get Gran Turismo 4 for the PS2 and play that.

It's worth the effort if you're a fan of the series.

I used this guide the last time I had to do it which was when I was running the game on triple monitors and had to have 2 of the 3 consoles be updated from scratch.

http://community.us.playstation.com...ended-GT6-Updating-Instructions/td-p/44803188

Not sure if you can ignore updating game in order to play, but obviously playing online and seasonal events won't be available.

Soldato
It's really putting me off getting it to be honest. I'm just tempted to get Gran Turismo 4 for the PS2 and play that.

Honestly though I know we're all sounding a bit negative but it is worth it in the end. It is a great racer. I just set the updates going and went and did something else. If you don't sit there watching it it's no biggie.

Back
Top Bottom