• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphic errors

Associate
im suffering some rather severe errors cropping up in games, im using an ATi 9600XT which has worked fine for a long time, but over the past week or so ive been experiencing problems such as.... (shown on BF2)

bf2.jpg

bf22.jpg

as far as im concenred i have all the latest drivers, an odd thing is recently Catalyst appeared to have reverted back to an old version? Although i did have to do a system restore recently in the last week or so, the version of catalyst has easily been on 3 months... so i uninstalled the old version and reinstalled the latest Catalyst, which looks as though its been updated again from my last time (somewhere around the start of this month)

however within a couple of minutes of playing im shown massive towering columns of nothingness extending into the sky and things radiating from the cross hair

i assume its not getting too hot, i have a water cooled system and the PSU is 480w so it shouldnt be short on juice (like i say its been sweet until now)

im tempted to have another go at the drivers, but use the program that completely strips the dregs off aswell (i didnt do this last time)

any help much appreciated

Soldato
looks like the core on the graphics card is producing errors, try underclocking it and see if it goes away? if it does its definately that, try fitting the original graphics card cooler or re-seat your w/c block.

Associate
OP
ok will do

have been using the ATi Catalyst overdrive thingy, its been fine on that for a while, just redone the drivers and used driver cleaner pro....

also remebered there was potnetially some nvidia bits and luckily it did find some

ill try running it now.. if still no joy, ill tuen off the overdrive, then ill try the reseat of the block

is it possible the coolant can degrade and loose its properties? i have noticed an extra degree or two on the temp monitors

Associate
OP
heat problems!

must have an air lock in the water block (some how)

its like a hotplate, but rigging an auxilliary far to shift some air and it runs fine!

Associate
OP
well its funny but the core is only hitting a max of about 39-40 degrees, which is normal for a heavy gaming session... so im assuming the water block is fine now

its the rest of the chipset on the top of the board, if you just rest your finger on them its unbearable! and you have to move sharpish!

think im going to move my HDs from the front of the PC to the top at the back (Tt Kandalf case) try and help force some more air in, the gaggle of wires myst be working as a wind break!

Permabanned
I only see that on my nvidia 6800U (agp) when I overclock the ram too far as I aint done volt mod yet, not core, and it passes 3dmark 05/06 only really shows up in NFS-MW like them triangles you get, if it was my core it would be square white pixels dancing on screen for me anyhow.

But as you were running fine before It cant be same issue, I assume your ram on card is air cooled if so is heatink(s) chocked with dust ?.

Associate
OP
yes it is aircooled, only the main chip with the water block, think i mite invest in some ram chip fins, and just have a spring clean of the wiring as i said before to help move air through

Back
Top Bottom