• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics card and monitor trouble

Associate
Hey all, So ive just purchased a gorgeous Samsung S27a950 HD 27" 3d monitor. Got it for 3d and 120hz. Im running a GTX 670 though. this is where the main issues begin. Firstly, in audio devices, it detects the monitor, and the audio is set to HDMI, however there is no option to change this, I am obviously running Displayport. This is causing no audio to come through the speakers of the monitor. I will be buying some speakers once I sell some stuff however, so this wont be a major problem.
My second issue, the main one, is that I am running an Nvidia card with a monitor primarily aimed at AMD setups. There are workarounds to get it working, tridef is the main one. I have to use side by side 3d for it to work. This isnt working, and I cannot install the driver for this monitor. It just comes back saying it cannot find the file or repository. It stays as generic monitor in device manager.
Now I am thinking, with all these problems, do you think I should just swap cards with my dad? (who runs 1080p anyway) as he has a sapphire 7970 3gb... Is this better than my 670 EVGA SC edition anyway? would it be less hassle driver wise doing this? he wont mind, I just always preferred Nvidia tbh... but if its so much less hassle, I will. What do you guys think?
thanks!
ste

Soldato
I think you should
keep-calm-and-do-it-now-1.png

Play it cool and make it look like you're doing him a favour ;)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Lol he wasn't fussed man, its just since Ive put the 7970 in, its a bit louder than the gtx 670, this angers me a little lol. just my 6950 was loud as hell, the gtx 670 was near silent, and the 7970 is in between haha.
Now to work out what drivers to install for monitor :p

Back
Top Bottom