• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics card conundrem

Associate
I have recently upgrated my monitor from a 17" to a 19.1" widescreen... and since doing my pc is heating up very quickly and becoming annoyingly noisy...

I believe it to be the graphics card overheating... as when I opened my pc I burnt my finger touching it!... currently its a Radeon x300...

I wanted to get a new graphics card anyway... but all my friends say I should choose wisely but won't tell me what I need to look for?

I am looking at a £60 to £100 price mark... this is the one I think

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-128-SP

but I wanted a more proffesional opinion

Caporegime
Welcome to the forums, x1300's are absolutely atrocious cards, if your on PCI-E id go for the 7600 GT, thats about £100, amazing cards, faster than the 6800 Ultra's, and will destroy that x1300, or if you can stretch an extra £17 then the best would be the x1950 pro here , abdsolutey amazing card for the price, will blow both x1300/7600 GT away as its very close to x1800 XT performance, although you would need a decent PSU with some good amperage on the 12v rail for that, idealy around 28a or so, but the 7600 GT uses a lot less power so if you aint got a beefy enough PSU for the x1950, then id just go for the 7600 GT, but if your PSU is decent, then x1950 pro, can't get any better for that price. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Agreed, highly rated those, good choice. :)

Agreed. I LOVE this PSU. I mean, literally it is the best I have ever worked with. I was slightly worried as it was making a "buzzing" when it was not loaded with Hard Drives and the like, but the second I hooked up fans, drives and the like, it is noiseless.

Associate
OP
whats the advantage of ATX 2.2 over 2.0

and there was also a question of compatability with certain CPU's and motherboards...

Associate
Back
Top Bottom