• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics card failed?

Associate
i have had my winfast agp 6600GT for quite a while now, but the other day i got a post message from my (asus:gotta love the audio post warnings) motherboard. saying System failed VGA test. i restarted the system and it went fine, so i shrugged it off as one of those things. pc ran fine for the next few days, and until an hour ago i hadn't rebooted. now i cant get the system to boot without the failed VGA message.

is the card failed? and if so why didnt it stop working during the night or whatever. any ideas? thanks

Soldato
Firstly, take all power connectors off the motherboard, wait a minute or two and try reseating the graphics card in its slot. If that makes no difference then try the card in a spare PC (or a friends one) as that will confirm whether it is the card at fault.

If it isn't then it could be the motherboard that has a problem.

Back
Top Bottom