• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics card for 3440x1440 144hz?

Associate
Hi,

I was wondering which graphics card to buy for 3440x1440 at up to 144hz. I know prices are beyond insanity but I've sold two gpus to fund a new purchase. I'm currently seeing the 6900xt in stock but very few 3080s. The 3080tis seem to be at least 500 more than the 6900xt.

I could wait and just play the ps5 until things improve.

Any help would be appreciated.

Associate
OP
I'd imagine at this res and framerate the best you can get for your budget. Have a 2080Ti and have a 3440x1440p 120hz monitor and get some games at 120 just fine and some need to be lowered to medium/high which is really not the worst thing haha

Upon reflection, I can barely tell the difference between 100 and 144hz, so anything which averages 80-100 and doesn't drop under 60 would be ideal!

Associate
OP
AMD will eventually get an AI upscaler (would be stupid not to), but I don't think the RDNA2 cards will be great at it. Same with RT; as RT becomes more common (and hopefully more effecient), the RDNA2 cards will lag behind. Will also depend on how long you want to keep the card for - unfortunately pricing is terrible at the moment so upgrading at a later date feels painful.

Thanks for the help. I tend to keep my GPU for about 3 years. FSR seems good but the RT performance is lacking.

Back
Top Bottom