• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics card just died

Associate
Hi There,

First post just looking for advice.

I bought a Leadtek Winfast 6800 gt from Overclockers in Aug2005.

It has been acting up recently, high temp ( 105 degrees ) causing pc to crash / blue screen. Earlier today I started to endure my screen glitching both in games ( BF2 & TigerWoods07 ), windows and finally in the Bios.

I have tried previous nividia drivers but still the problem occured. Finally when I was getting fustrated I have lost picture all together. I took the card out and reseated it but still no picture.

I think the card has died but I'm looking for opinions :confused:

I have sent a mail to both OCUK and Leadtek with similar question. Having said that my understanding is that the Leadtek warranty is only for 1 year from point of sale which means I'm out of luck

I was contemplating the upgrade path and this may now be forced upon me sooner than wished.

Please advise a relative computer novice

Thanks

Mark

Soldato
high temp, at 105c :eek: letting the gpu get that hot is just silly. you have no-one to blame but yourself. ok blame aside, it sounds like the card is dead, probably is if the temps got that high.

if its still under warranty then you can rma it. otherwise your gonna have to buy a new card.

Associate
I agree, Sounds like a very dead card to me. 105 c wow. :eek:

Try this though, Remove card, remove cooling unit, check for damage (burn marks), reapply thermal compound, reattach cooling unit, boot in safe mode. If still nothing, judging from the info you've already given I would say you've killed it.

Soldato
Lemonsquokey said:
I agree, Sounds like a very dead card to me. 105 c wow. :eek:

Try this though, Remove card, remove cooling unit, check for damage (burn marks), reapply thermal compound, reattach cooling unit, boot in safe mode. If still nothing, judging from the info you've already given I would say you've killed it.

U sure youre a girl ;) :D

Associate
Yes I'm sure.

My boyfriend posted this reply before he went into "Pro Evo Mode" and went into the other room to play his precious game - do you really think a male would be so bitter about the afore mensioned game???????!!!!!!!!

I'm not even a football Widow just a computer game widow!! Infact I don't know why i'm even bothering to buy him a new graphics card!!!!

Caporegime
just wondering if he wanted to rma both cards would they still be covered under warranty,from leadtek i know ocuk only covers 28 days,but if someone could advise me otherwise.it would be very helpful.ps the cards were bought just over a year ago

Soldato
Lemonsquokey said:
Yes I'm sure.

My boyfriend posted this reply before he went into "Pro Evo Mode" and went into the other room to play his precious game - do you really think a male would be so bitter about the afore mensioned game???????!!!!!!!!

I'm not even a football Widow just a computer game widow!! Infact I don't know why i'm even bothering to buy him a new graphics card!!!!

well i hate football games, don;t even watch football on the telly, find it boring slow and useless. although playing football out in the park is different and is good fun. only sport worth watching is wrestling because its just too funny with the story lines. like its eastenders for men :D

Back
Top Bottom