graphics card problem?

Associate
1 long 2 short beeps on bootup with new system build... mobo is A8N SLI SE which runs the award bios. The sticky says this is a graphics card problem... I have tried reseating it three times but no luck. Im trying to install a sapphire x800 gto2. The PCI-E power connector is plugged in and the fan spins. When i installed this card in my old computer i had to clear CMOS to get it to work, is this worth trying? dunno what to try next.

Cheers

Associate
OP
yep... although, i will try reseating it, swapping modules over, and trying each individually. Havent done that yet as i presumed it was a graphics card error form the beep code.

Associate
OP
ok... so the memmory is

Mushkin 2GB DDR EM3200 Enhanced Performance Dual Channel Kit (2x1GB) CAS3 (991461) (MY-006-MK)

I tried both modules both way round... i get 1 long beep 2 short with either combination. So i try one module only and it works. I try the other module only and again i get 1 long beep and 2 short. Could i be doing anything wrong or is it screwed?

Don
Humate said:
ok... so the memmory is

Mushkin 2GB DDR EM3200 Enhanced Performance Dual Channel Kit (2x1GB) CAS3 (991461) (MY-006-MK)

I tried both modules both way round... i get 1 long beep 2 short with either combination. So i try one module only and it works. I try the other module only and again i get 1 long beep and 2 short. Could i be doing anything wrong or is it screwed?

Have you tweaked the memory settings in the BIOS??

Stelly

Associate
OP
nope... i havent touched anything because i hadnt been able to boot before. Although with the module that works and the other left out, when it does boot i get "CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded"

Don
Humate said:
nope... i havent touched anything because i hadnt been able to boot before. Although with the module that works and the other left out, when it does boot i get "CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded"

Ok have you tried other RAM? and have you tried and different battery... I would say reflash the BIOS, but thats the last last thing you wanna do

Stelly

Associate
OP
Ok i put my 2*1GB corsair modules in and it boots fine but i still get "CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded". Whats that mean? does it matter? :confused:

Associate
OP
errrr, i changed the date, it was set to jan 2005... and now i dont get that error. So its just 1 of the memmory modules i cant get to work either in combination with the one that does work, or on its own.

Man of Honour
boot up with just the one stick, setup the vid card, and set the bios to what you need run the pc for a bit with just the one stick once stable and setup add the second stick, in dual channel if your board supports

Associate
OP
thanks guys... yep im just installing windows now with the one stick in... hopefully theres just a setting i need to change in the bios to get it to work or something.

Back
Top Bottom