• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics Card Replacement Advice?

Associate
Looking to buy a good decent quality graphics card for my pc heres the specifications:

Intel Pentium D 920 2.8GHz With 2x2MB Cache.
ABIT AW8-MAX uGuru Motherboard.
Corsair 1GB DDR2 XMS2-5400C4 TwinX (2x512MB).
BFG nVidia Geforce 6200 128MB TurboCache.

Basically i want to get rid of my graphics card and replace it ASAP with a decent graphics card for around £150 notes. Just started playing some decent games but not getting a lot of luck with this graphics card as it's also sharing memory using it's turbocache and slowing my PC down a lot. Any suggestions on a decent replacement.

Associate
I'll second that great card. You will not get more bang for buck.

Anyone tried the AGP versions I was thinking of getting one as a pressie for my little bro.

He currently has

Fx5900XT
Abit MAX 3
P4 [email protected]
1GB Corsair XMS 3700

He would be gaming at 1280x1024.

I was wondering if he would need to upgrade or would the rest of his kit keep him going for another year.

Soldato
m3lv1n said:
I'll second that great card. You will not get more bang for buck.

Anyone tried the AGP versions I was thinking of getting one as a pressie for my little bro.

He currently has

Fx5900XT
Abit MAX 3
P4 [email protected]
1GB Corsair XMS 3700

He would be gaming at 1280x1024.

I was wondering if he would need to upgrade or would the rest of his kit keep him going for another year.
The X1950Pro in AGP or PCIE are fantastic cards for the price.
And the X1950Pro would keep that rig going for a lot longer.

Back
Top Bottom