• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics corruption

Soldato
Hi,

An interesting problem I have with a graphics card. When running 3d applications it seems to run mine though every so often the screen will go corrupt with like a small pattern repeated over the whole of the screen. (will try and post a pic when I get home)

If I alt-tab out of the game it drops into the desktop and all is OK but this can then occur (on the desktop) if I leave the 3d game running in the background; again alt-tab back to the game and the game is OK.

If just run 2d apps then there is no problem at all and I seems to have started a when I updated my graphic drivers. I have tried a couple of drivers (92.xx) since but it still happens (I can’t remember which ones I was on originally) but was in the 9x.xx range. Boot up screen is OK so looks like mem is OK and no artifacts in ati-tool, rthdribl, 3Dmark03/05 (can’t get 06 to install atm cause the d/l keeps corrupting :rolleyes: )

Is this a driver issue and has any one got any suggestions apart from keep trying drivers until it clears? Or is it something I’ve not thought of. :confused:

Card is a Gainward 7900GT with a vf700Cu on it, volt modded so running at 600/1500, rest of the specs are in my sig.

feriso said:
Hi,

An interesting problem I have with a graphics card. When running 3d applications it seems to run mine though every so often the screen will go corrupt with like a small pattern repeated over the whole of the screen. (will try and post a pic when I get home)

If I alt-tab out of the game it drops into the desktop and all is OK but this can then occur (on the desktop) if I leave the 3d game running in the background; again alt-tab back to the game and the game is OK.

If just run 2d apps then there is no problem at all and I seems to have started a when I updated my graphic drivers. I have tried a couple of drivers (92.xx) since but it still happens (I can’t remember which ones I was on originally) but was in the 9x.xx range. Boot up screen is OK so looks like mem is OK and no artifacts in ati-tool, rthdribl, 3Dmark03/05 (can’t get 06 to install atm cause the d/l keeps corrupting :rolleyes: )

Is this a driver issue and has any one got any suggestions apart from keep trying drivers until it clears? Or is it something I’ve not thought of. :confused:

Card is a Gainward 7900GT with a vf700Cu on it, volt modded so running at 600/1500, rest of the specs are in my sig.

what temps you running at on the 7900 dude?

feriso said:
Typically they won't go above the low 60's but they did go up to 70 for a bit when I was playing the Dark Messiah demo last night.

hmmmmmm, 70 is rather high although maybe not the cause of the problem - low 60's is where you want to be - what monitor are you using and what resolution do you play the games at?

although having just read your post once more, it does sound like a driver issue. Have you uninstalled all drivers and then downloaded the latest and done a fresh install at all?

Running on a hyundai Imagequest L90d+ (19") running at 1280x1024 and standard LCD refresh rate (60Hz?). Just d/l the latest whql drivers from the nv website (rather than guru3d) and I do the usual reboot in safe mode and run drivercleaner. If that doesn't work then I'll try it on a second install.

Nothing to do with chipset drivers or PCIe frequency? (which is 100MHz atm)

Small pattern (like small squares, corruption), also happens on the desktop, memory on the card is gone RMA it, probably why it doesnt happen in 2D mode is because the cards not doing any work, its not getting stessed, but when gaming etc... it is. :(

OK actually captured shots on my phone to show what I'm getting. I;ve finally managed to run 3d06 and even the deep freeze is OK with no probs.

www.dwatkinson.f2s.com/ocuk/cor1.jpg

www.dwatkinson.f2s.com/ocuk/cor2.jpg

Obvious which one's which really..... :D

(cant get the pics to display here thou?)

The second one is alt-tabbed out and back in, could it be due to the 2d/low 3d and high 3d being at differant clocks?

Last edited:
Some 1 else had the exact same prob a few days ago, looks the same as his pics aswell, ill have a look for the post

*edit*
Was a sli config :s
Tryed the usual nuke old drivers with driver cleaner pro then a clean install of latest drivers ?
Running card at stock settings etc

Last edited:
Snoops said:
Some 1 else had the exact same prob a few days ago, looks the same as his pics aswell, ill have a look for the post

*edit*
Was a sli config :s
Tryed the usual nuke old drivers with driver cleaner pro then a clean install of latest drivers ?
Running card at stock settings etc

Have you got the link to that thread so I can have a peek ta...

I have d/l the latest whql drivers from the nv site and hopefully I'll give em a go tonight.

Just thought I'd post an update so ppl can use this a referance.

CHanged to official 91.47 drivers of the NV website and so far I've had none of the corruption seen above.

So far so good,.....

Back
Top Bottom