• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics Upgrade

Associate
Hi all,

I've been out of the loop for a good few years now, maybe 4 or 5 years. I've recently started playing a few games again and just purchased BF4 and it seems my 5870 is showing its age so I'm in need of a not too expensive upgrade.

I game at 1920x1200 and the 1GB of Vram is definitely struggling with new titles. My i5 750 is at stock and not overclocked, I don't really want to be buy all new setup so I could do with something that wont be bottlenecked by this.

As I said I've been out of the loop so I don't know what's best in terms of AMD or Nvidia I'm not fussed about either as long as it will work.

Ive looked at this https://www.overclockers.co.uk/xfx-radeon-r9-380-dd-dual-fan-4096mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-r9-380p-4df5-gx-228-xf.html

I know my Antec 300 is quite a small case, but it fits a 5870 in ok and the new cards don't look that much bigger. Also I could sell my 5870 to get some money back but i don't know if there worth much now?

any help is appreciated thanks

Soldato
The 380 would be a good choice. It's the best card in its price bracket. You should really overclock your CPU though, unless you're using the stock cooler. Bumping it up even by a whole 1GHz would be relatively trivial (almost all of them can hit 4GHz and beyond) and give it a new lease of life.

Back
Top Bottom