Gray Zone Warfare

Soldato
It's in early access and came out today. The testing they have done last week will not have accounted for every single combination of PC configuration. People need to give the devs time to work out the bugs and start optomizing the game.

and hope its not like dayz - 10 years later :D

jokes aside i have just downloaded, looking forward to giving it a go later.

Associate
OP
What do people not understand about Early Access? You are paying a low amount to beta test a product that will cost a lot more at full release in many months (or years) time

Soldato
What do people not understand about Early Access? You are paying a low amount to beta test a product that will cost a lot more at full release in many months (or years) time

I think people understand, as long as there is a reasonable time commitment from the game devs to get to a finished state

Caporegime
It's in early access and came out today. The testing they have done last week will not have accounted for every single combination of PC configuration. People need to give the devs time to work out the bugs and start optomizing the game.
sorry buts thats bs. they knew when they were releasing and its just another rushed cash grab game. hey why not just wait...get your game actually ready for launch like yesteryear then release it when its right ? ;)

Caporegime
sorry buts thats bs. they knew when they were releasing and its just another rushed cash grab game. hey why not just wait...get your game actually ready for launch like yesteryear then release it when its right ? ;)

Just look at The Day Before....

But it's EARLY ACCESS

:cry:

Caporegime
and hope its not like dayz - 10 years later :D

jokes aside i have just downloaded, looking forward to giving it a go later.
dayz standalone is a great example. hooked everyone in. sold all the copies put in capital letters there will be issues and its only now just sorta getting right and its ten years since the mod which was better and cheaper. LOL. people need to hold off on hype for games and just wait and see if they are unoptimized cash grab rushed titles. very few companies who release games like this stick it out to the end. its always just get ya money and we will deal with it later or we got your money so we will do what we want now. dont give them that power. wait. only product on sale is video games that can do this ! any other product why is this broken i want a refund. video games no...just wait we might fix it. :p

Associate
I think with early access and then release date could be quick and well handle, but as others have said there's so many that don't progress etc. that put a lot of people off and makes them cautious against genuine developers. If you like this and want to try good for you and hope it goes well, and the company appreciates it. Not meant to sound patronising to buyers it's genuine (difficult to make that point online :) )

Soldato
I think they need to look at a limited initial play test for free/limited numbers etc - Opening up the game to anyone that want to pay £30 for it less than a week after it's first "test" seems bonkers...

Clearly needs some serious optimising, very much lacking PvP action (shooting bots/AI for hour after hour looks very boring)...

They've obviously lept on the Tarkov drama this week and just thrown it out there to grab some money....

Associate
It runs ok for me on a 3080 at 1440p. I get the odd big stutter but nothing I wouldn't expect from early access day 1.

I think the base is there for a good game and it has by far the best-looking and most detailed environment I've seen in an online shooter, first game ever where the grass/vegetation draw distance seems to just go on forever.

They need to flesh it out massively over the next two years and decide what route they want to take, personally id be all for a shameless Tarkov clone only with good engine/netcode and sound that isn't completely broken. That said I feel the devs haven't actually figured out what they want it to be yet, it will probably have limited shelf life if it's mostly based around going around shooting AI and there is no real gear fear.

Also interesting to see people saying they couldn't find PVP given the playtest videos from a couple days ago had nonstop hectic pvp to the point where the players were saying it needs to be toned down a bit, perhaps this is because all the streamers were in on where the PVP was going to take place (for the sake of marketing the game)

Last edited:
Soldato
It's pretty janky (Haven't spent much time dialling in settings & the FPS cap doesn't always seem to be honoured), and to say it's been 'inspired' by EFT is being kind in the extreme, but certainly feels like the bones of a good game. I hope they work a lot on the ragdoll physics so you can better tell when you've killed someone. Lots of enemies dying in place/upright at the moment which is amusing but also a bit of a waste of ammo :p

Associate
Played for the first time today and really enjoyed it. Had an issue with my mouse going mental but turned it was because controller was plugged in. Did 3 missions with my mate with no ingame issues, looks lovely, think this will be really good once it starts fleshing out.

Associate
Just to update on my
For me on my 7800X3D + RTX 4070 im getting 110-150 fps epic settings 1440P, some say to run in FSR instead of DLSS but for me DLSS with frame gen is working wonders.
Just to add to this guys, i installed on my old rig of 8600K 1080TI and im getting a solid 80-90fps [locked at 90].
Low or medium presets make no diference but i set to low and everything but set textures to high.
Im running FSR quality + FG on this rig @ 1440P and very happy with the performance for old hardware.

Soldato
Twiddled around with some settings last night too after catching a couple of posts and videos about FSR. DLSS + frame gen is still the clear winner for me on a 4090 @ 3840x1600. Using the high preset almost out of the box I've set an FPS cap at 120fps which I'm always at and my GPU is running around 60% utilisation.

Associate
Last night was a bit more of an issue, 3 server kills (where you die because the server kicks/disconnects), my mate camped my body all 3 times so I could run back and collect my stuff, last time we were 100m from the LZ when we both got server killed and lost our gear. New server was fine and we then had 3 of us running around with no issues. I'm guessing tonight is going to get hammered so it will interesting to see how copes.

Soldato
Had quite a fun session last night that demonstrated something a bit different thing is bringing to the table vs Tarkov. Friend had a quest to get some intel at a nearby hotspot. First off our LZ was being camped and we got wasted jumping off the chopper, so not a great start, but once we got to the bunker we had maybe 4-5 faction members there and at least the same number from an enemy faction. People were killing and being killed, with reinforcements from both sides arriving by chopper. And it's not enough to just know where your immediate friends are and shoot at anything else that moves. Made for some really fun little interactions especially with proximity chat for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom