Great items you'd never live without

Soldato
I've never actually tried a good air fryer. My old housemate used to have a cheapo phillips one and I wasn't that impressed by it. But I always see them recommended so they must be doing something right!

Another recommendation and it may seem petty but good quality glassware. It makes me sound really boring but we bought some cheap drinking glasses from ikea (These) and also some from John Lewis (These) and it's just so much more pleasant drinking out of the thinner glass. I don't know why and it may be all in my head but it's just nicer

Associate
Ubiquiti Access Point, I never want to have to use the low grade ISP supplied one again.

If you cook, make sure you have a decent oven. We put up with an rubbish fan assisted gas one for years. We switched to a new AEG electric fan one this year that was a massive improvement.

Tools: Don't go mad buying them all at once, get decent ones as you go. Buy cheap, buy twice. It's not worth it.

Dave

Soldato
Don't understand why you would get a slow cooker over a pressure cooker. I saw someone killed their whole family by putting something in a slow cooker which at the low temperatures just made bacteria flourish to the point it came to meal time they were all eating poison.

Down filled duvet is a gimmick. Been there got the t shirt. I just buy from M&S now for 25% of the price and better quality to boot.

That sounds like scaremongering.

I've been using one for years and haven't killed my family, no matter how much they deserve it.

Which entire family got killed by food poisoning from a slow cooker? I don't remember seeing that reported, and I'd guess that would be newsworthy.

Soldato
Surprised how many people are recommending pressure cookers. I remember being terrified my mum's old one on the hob would explode.

I might have a look into getting one after this thread.

Caporegime
That sounds like scaremongering.

I've been using one for years and haven't killed my family, no matter how much they deserve it.

Which entire family got killed by food poisoning from a slow cooker? I don't remember seeing that reported, and I'd guess that would be newsworthy.

I can't remember where I read it might have been an American news story. I did find one about a woman in Bristol who gave herself food poisoning thanks to some bacteria in kidney beans.

Anyway I don't know why you would use one Vs a pressure cooker surely a pressure cooker is far more efficient Vs leaving something on all day? It beats it in so many ways.

Let yourself the pressure king pro or instant pot of you are after a big standard one. Get the ninja foodi maxi if you want an air fryer too.

You can pressure cook ribs then turn the air fryer on after to Crispen the outside up. The ninja foodi maxi is truly innovative. You have to be creative yourself and experiment as it's a new way of doing things all in the one machine.

Caporegime
Don't understand why you would get a slow cooker over a pressure cooker. I saw someone killed their whole family by putting something in a slow cooker which at the low temperatures just made bacteria flourish to the point it came to meal time they were all eating poison.

Down filled duvet is a gimmick. Been there got the t shirt. I just buy from M&S now for 25% of the price and better quality to boot.

LOL

Okay. Been eating from a slow cooker for years, the idea if you let it cool the food, not tippidly warm it up.

Back
Top Bottom