Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [13th - 18th May 2023]

Soldato
Pundits were talking up Brighton as the best thing since sliced bread at the weekend because they beat a wobbling Arsenal team playing under immense pressure.

Yet they got thrashed by Everton and now by Newcastle. They've been very good this season but the media seem keen to overhype them.
Why do you think they are overhyped?
They will likely finish 6th in league only behind state owned clubs and the wealthiest of the rest. Thats after 5 season in the league, with a manager change in the season and the continual loss of there top talent. Add to that the fact they play some decent football, narrowly lost a cup semi final and seemingly have a conveyor belt of young talent they are bring through. I mean whats not to admire?
Super club and deserving of all the hype they get in my book.

Man of Honour
Why do you think they are overhyped?
They will likely finish 6th in league only behind state owned clubs and the wealthiest of the rest. Thats after 5 season in the league, with a manager change in the season and the continual loss of there top talent. Add to that the fact they play some decent football, narrowly lost a cup semi final and seemingly have a conveyor belt of young talent they are bring through. I mean whats not to admire?
Super club and deserving of all the hype they get in my book.

I agree with all of that in principle, it just seemed OTT after the Arsenal result, that was all. I can't see it lasting, sadly. :(

Back
Top Bottom