Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [26th - 29th Jan 2021]

Soldato
If their goal was given when he actively pushed him, then that Maguire foul where he’s clearly going for the ball and masking Ramsdales inability to catch is a goal too, if not more so.

meh

fez

fez

Caporegime
If their goal was given when he actively pushed him, then that Maguire foul where he’s clearly going for the ball and masking Ramsdales inability to catch is a goal too, if not more so.

meh

Can't be expecting consistency from refs over more than 5 minutes. One of the prime reasons VAR is so poor. The push on DDG was far worse than the challenge on their keeper. I don't have a problem with their goal as I think keepers have far too much protection but that was a poor decision that the ref should have looked at on VAR.

Soldato
I'm not that sour with the Sheffield goal tbh. DeGea is weak when teams crowd him and the opposition know it. He chickened out clearing that ball and in conjunction with our shaky defence it resulted in a goal. We've lost a lot of goals to corners this season and part of the reason is De Gea. Schmiechel would have flattened the Sheffield player

Soldato
Definitely, Martial is too slight for this sort of game and his form is non-existent. He basically hurt himself when diving earlier too? Unless I didn’t see it properly it looked like he went over of his own accord... :confused:
He's hideously out of form. Be better off starting Greenwood in that position because he's not a right winger!

fez

fez

Caporegime
I hate watching these games. Best league in the world but the bottom ten teams just park the bus especially when they score a goal against the run of play.

This game is all on us. This is where movement and player chemistry unlocks defences. Thats why we struggle in these games so much. Thats why we win so many of them in the last 20. The opposition are knackered and gaps appear behind them.

I'm not worried about losing this game tbh but this is a prime example of why we won't get near to winning the league this year.

Caporegime
Only positive is good crossing from Telles

we are nowhere near Man City in terms of penetrating teams

This is the reality of the premier League. Beating these dog awful sides that can do nothing else but play with a back five is what wins you titles and is what City are fantastic at.

I am more livid at the poor reffing however. The goal that we scored is no different to the one that they got.

Soldato
At last Maguire heads it properly

Slightly off topic but....given the strictness of the lockdown etc. How are footballers still looking so freshly coiffured at the moment?

Back
Top Bottom