Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [3rd - 6th December 2021]

Soldato
VAR is just a shambles, for offsides it's definitive but for calls like Godfrey's today you're still susceptible to peoples opinions and as proven many times over the years when you go with different peoples opinions you never get consistency, 9 out of 10 VAR reviews would recommend a red card today and then you get today's where he doesn't even deem it worth a quick look by the ref.

That said though Everton were the (only slightly) better team, not 100% sure either team deserved the win although the goal was a cracking goal and it's hard to deny it's a worthy match winner, gotta love the flip floppiness of the Everton fans though from threatening a mass walk out on 27 minutes to staying behind and cheering the team after an abject performance bar a couple of good goals

Associate
why are arsenal interested in calvert lewin, richarlison is way better

Somethings gone seriously wrong if either of those two choose Arsenal as career progression. They are both better than that tiny bit of progression. Besides you are basing it off of DCL having almost no football this year, last year he was much better than Richarlison but both play better together.

Surprised by the result though, I thought this would be the game that finished off Rafa. Although I would feel sorry for him as he's paying the price for everyone else that's wasted money at everton, the injuries and 40m midfielder on special leave. I think the owners are now rumoured to realise they have made a huge financial mistake at Everton and want out.

Man of Honour
This will sound like sour grapes but I thought the same when Arsenal were leading, that Godfrey challenge was the worst I've seen in a long time. I mean he's literally just stamped on someone's head and it didn't look like much of an accident to me, he has a good look down before doing it. I'm thinking back and I've got visions of incidents like Pepe 10 years ago, Shearer 20 years ago etc.

When you consider incidents like Vieira on Van Nistelrooy were deemed worthy of a red card I can't see how that isn't.

Soldato
This will sound like sour grapes but I thought the same when Arsenal were leading, that Godfrey challenge was the worst I've seen in a long time. I mean he's literally just stamped on someone's head and it didn't look like much of an accident to me, he has a good look down before doing it. I'm thinking back and I've got visions of incidents like Pepe 10 years ago, Shearer 20 years ago etc.

When you consider incidents like Vieira on Van Nistelrooy were deemed worthy of a red card I can't see how that isn't.
its true and not a single OCUK forum member here would disagree with that challenge

Back
Top Bottom