Greenlizard0 PL & FA Cup SF Football Thread ** spoilers ** [20th - 25th April 2024]

Soldato
I know he's a massive banter player and everyones piled on to him but Maguire should have earned peoples respect this season if nothing else. Pretty much discarded by the club but when all his colleagues can't string 5 games together without getting crocked he has been there consistently and put a shift in, hasn't downed tools and complained and has just got on with it.

He ain't no Maldini but you can't fault his professionalism.

Associate
Yeh for fouls.

That’s VAR not him.
Ref has been horrific. Missing so many fouls by Everton players and when Klopp farts an Everton player falls over and its a freekick. Just watch the moment Neville says Tarkowski dominates VVD to win a header when Ali saves from DCL and try and tell me VVD doesn't get shoved two handed in the back, nothing given, Konate slight nudge on DCL, freekick straight the way. Same thing happened from the freekick for the goal, Liverpool player shoved in the back.

Soldato
I hate saying this but Eriksen is about effective as Casemiro and doesn't even offer the comedy foul entertainment factor. United have to be ruthless and let these players go. Otherwise we will ruin the prospect that is Kobbie Mainoo. I know its the low block but Eriksen always slows the game up vs speeding it up. He's also blazed at least two over the bar and that's not what you expect from a player of his repute.
Anyway lets hope Erik abandons the van Gaal ball tactics and we get a few goals in the second half.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It’s been a depressing half
It has...but its been a pretty depressing last month. As much as I hate to say it, we just dont deserve to win the title anyway.

Pretty certain there are several Liverpool players on this pitch who are playing their last 4.5 matches in a Liverpool shirt. Its time to cash in on Salah this summer and I think theres a few others in the team who wont be in the new managers plans. I could actually see a case for discussion of the front 3 all going in the summer under a new manager.

Associate
I know a tackle attempt doesn't always lead to a foul every time but we have made 10 tackle attempts and given away 9 free kicks, we have had no offsides so no freekick for that so seems every time we go near a Everton player its a foul.

Back
Top Bottom