Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [15th - 17th December 2023]

Caporegime
I missed the end of the game. Did Dalot really get 2 yellows for 2 reactions within about 10s of each other. Nunez did exactly the same thing earlier in the game.

Looking at the replay for the 2 yellow cards for Dalot, it happened so fast that he did his 2 arm waving shouting to the ref before the 1st yellow card was shown to him.

So does that mean if you foul someone, let's say a tackle, you can get a yellow card for the barge and then another yellow for the foot that tripped them up? lol Or send a goalie off if he accidentally handles the ball outside the box, one yellow for each hand? :D

Soldato
That shows he didn't react to the yellow card....he was looking away from the ref and his hands was on his knees between the 1st and 2nd yellow.
Not quite, it's as Mr Jack says, reaction at the throw in given on the line , ref is showing him the yellow card, another reaction to this and then the ref gives the red which he doesn't see as he's turned his back

Last edited:
Soldato
Hojlund's chance was hardly a good chance, he was out side on his weaker foot.
It's the sort of chance a top striker takes regardless of which side it's on. He's not getting much to work with granted but that's another half decent chance he has fluffed which must play on his mind.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Hojlunds chance wasn't that great and Alisson is easily the best keeper in the world once the striker is bearing down on him at that sort of range. I wouldn't have put any serious amount of money on any striker to put that away. It was a chance, nothing more. Sometimes you score them, sometimes you don't but it wasn't so good that you would expect a goal from it.

Soldato
Hojlunds chance wasn't that great and Alisson is easily the best keeper in the world once the striker is bearing down on him at that sort of range. I wouldn't have put any serious amount of money on any striker to put that away. It was a chance, nothing more. Sometimes you score them, sometimes you don't but it wasn't so good that you would expect a goal from it.
Despite Liverpool dominating the game. The best 2 chances came for United.

Saying the chance wasn't great is just silly. He hit it straight into the keepers arms and then scrubbed the follow up.

How can I put this into context...

Do you think Salah or Nistelrooy would have made more of that opportunity?

Soldato

Was thinking of both of those also. However RVN was in his prime and Salah is also, so perhaps a bit unfair. Hojlund is still very young but the fact he hasn't scored int he league is a bit of a worry. Hopefully he will click soon and go on to be more Ruud than Diego Forlan!

fez

fez

Caporegime
Despite Liverpool dominating the game. The best 2 chances came for United.

Saying the chance wasn't great is just silly. He hit it straight into the keepers arms and then scrubbed the follow up.

No I don't necessarily and based on his performance yesterday I don't think Salah would have done any better at all. You are also comparing a young lad to one of the best classic strikers of all time. I still wouldn't have bet on him to beat Alisson from there regularly. As to the follow up, it was at nearly thigh height by the time it got back to Hojlund. That wasn't even remotely a chance on the rebound.

Soldato
No I don't necessarily and based on his performance yesterday I don't think Salah would have done any better at all. You are also comparing a young lad to one of the best classic strikers of all time. I still wouldn't have bet on him to beat Alisson from there regularly. As to the follow up, it was at nearly thigh height by the time it got back to Hojlund. That wasn't even remotely a chance on the rebound.
Perhaps unfair on the lad.

But you have to be doing better as first choice up front. I would put money on Salah finishing that, let alone RVN.

Salah had an off day, but that would be bread and butter for him.

Man of Honour
Why is Hojlund being compared to the best strikers around? Pointless comparison. It wasn't an easy chance at all.

Back
Top Bottom