Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [16th - 19th August 2024]

As the saying goes, a game of two halves. 3pts in the bag and a record for Salah and a goal to start off his assault on the golden boot again

It's never easy playing a newly promoted side away from home on the first day and that showed in the first half where we couldn't really get going, not helped by the state of the pitch and a whistle happy ref tbf. That was a really good second half though. Ipswich probably ran out of puff a bit after putting so much into the first half but our football was really good. That was the best Gravenberch has played for us since signing - really comfortable getting the ball from the backline and starting attacks. Obviously there will be harder tests for him to come, particularly from the defensive side of things.

I guess the only real disappointment today was that we didn't make it 3 or 4. I love Diaz and 90% of his game is so good but he's just not ruthless enough in front of goal. I thought he should have had a pen in the second half but he should have scored regardless and there were 2 or 3 more half chances where he's just not got his shot away.

Decent 3 points, 1st half was a bit of a headscratcher due to our play not resembling anything like the preseason games. Much better 2nd half, Gravenberch was very good imo and probably our MOTM. Left back still a worry, more so with the rumour that Gomez could be looking to leave.

Solid first match. Away against a newly promoted side with the new manager, was always going to be tricky. The team did well to not concede until we were comfortable, and in end a very good away win with a clean sheet.

Back
Top Bottom