Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [21st - 22nd September 2024]

That was really disappointing, some pretty good spells but for all our domination, Palace rallied and missed a few of their own chances too.

I think we're going to end up frustrated as most of our attackers aren't particularly clinical...

Meh.

That was really disappointing, some pretty good spells but for all our domination, Palace rallied and missed a few of their own chances too.

I think we're going to end up frustrated as most of our attackers aren't particularly clinical...

Meh.
Pretty much this.

Miss your chances, don't win games.

Palace had a couple of chances in the end of course. But the game should have been over by then.

On the positive side United played some good stuff and created many, many chances.

This game is literally an advert of why decent strikers always command the biggest transfer fees...

(apart from Antony that is!)

Last edited:
United look way more solid at the back - created some decent / good chances but lack that "cutting edge".... Been a problem for years now.

Lets see how they get on with Hojland back from injury over next few games....

What I did like was the attitude from the United players today. Needs to continue to build. Clean sheet is also a positive, and Onana had a good match.

Not a great match but something to push on from.

Absolutely loved the fact that Rashford was benched :cool:

Last edited:
That Newcastle result has been coming. We've said it after every game this season "we can't keep playing like that and expect to win, eventually we're going to get found out". And today we did.

We've been riding our luck, and it's finally run out. I hope they can sort it out pronto.
Eddie has some work to do. Can’t blame the transfer window. He keeps sticking to the 4-3-3 for the past 3 years without any tweaking. Lost a bit of belief and identity.

First speed bump on the road and it’s quite a big one. Time for a refresh on the pitch.

Has been a great start to the season but we are going to struggle away from home again like last season if Howe doesn’t change instead of trying to fix it at half time.

Don’t think the Arsenal result matters too much today, they can lose home and away to City as they will get at least 12 points deducted. Then again they are better to top them on points anyway or all the people shouting about City cheating will then throw at Arsenal that they only won the league because City got docked points.

First speed bump on the road and it’s quite a big one. Time for a refresh on the pitch.

Has been a great start to the season but we are going to struggle away from home again like last season if Howe doesn’t change instead of trying to fix it at half time.
I don’t think it has been a great start to the season, it’s been a lucky start to the season. We have been poor in every game this season and fluked 3 wins and a draw, we were found out yesterday and our luck ran out, the team looks unfit, unbalanced and without ideas. I honestly don’t see Eddie making it to Christmas.

Last edited:
I don’t think it has been a great start to the season, it’s been a lucky start to the season. We have been poor in every game this season and fluked 3 wins and a draw, we were found out yesterday and our luck ran out, the team looks unfit unbalanced and without ideas. I honestly don’t see Eddie making it to Christmas.
I was purely speaking about points.

I was purely speaking about points.
Just to add some clarity we’re likely to now go 6 league games without a win and could conceivably lose all 5. Were 100% gifting Everton their first win of the season, possibly get a draw against Brighton, with City, Arsenal and Chelsea spanking us

Last edited:
United look way more solid at the back - created some decent / good chances but lack that "cutting edge".... Been a problem for years now.

Lets see how they get on with Hojland back from injury over next few games....
I'm not sure I agree - United have previously looked awful all match, and often dug themselves out of holes with wonder goals from Fernandes, Pogba, Rashford etc, or balls bouncing in off Maguire, Fellaini etc's knees.

Yesterday I thought they looked decent but couldn't finish. I think that's an easier problem to fix and shows progress

Back
Top Bottom