Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [24th - 25th August 2024] + League Cup fixtures

Thought this would be the first banana skin in our tough start to the season, rode our luck a few times but comfortably came out the better team. Brighton, Spurs and City up next, if we can take 7 points from that I'll start getting excited about our prospects this season.

Martinelli needs to fix up sharp, his only redeeming asset at the moment is his pace to tire out a defender before the Leo show.

Great result given Villa won both fixtures last season. Also pleasing to see the starters/finishers and general rotation working well so far although obviously still need someone better than Nelson coming on for Saka.

My son's first away game. Three generations at Anfield.

I was trying to explain to him the significance of going to a club like Liverpool for his first away trip... as most of my away days over the past 20 years have been at Bury, Hartlepool, Walsall, and other small clubs like Leeds and QPR. Being 5 years old it went straight over his head!

My son's first away game. Three generations at Anfield.

I was trying to explain to him the significance of going to a club like Liverpool for his first away trip... as most of my away days over the past 20 years have been at Bury, Hartlepool, Walsall, and other small clubs like Leeds and QPR. Being 5 years old it went straight over his head!

A great memory for him(experience wise) hopefully the players give him something to remember :cry:

A great memory for him(experience wise) hopefully the players give him something to remember :cry:
One of my Liverpool-supporting mates sat my son down yesterday and was like "it's important for you to understand this, brentford are going to get wrapped apart. It's better to know this beforehand..."

I've had to prep him to be disappointed. It's good that he familiarise himself with the feeling.

For me, I've watched this club climb from League Two into the a fourth consecutive season in the Premier League without once having occupied a relegation spot for any amount of time during those for years. However for him... he just supports a fairly crap Premier League side haha

2 Fullback/CB’s hybrids working as well as it looked on paper.

Joelinton has been drugged. Could do with Willock on to add some dynamism in the middle.

Eddie still cant bring himself around to be beat Bournemouth!!

Palmer 3 assists to 3 Madueke goals.

We look brutal against Bournemouth. For the second game of the season, we need some serious uplift!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom