Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [27th April - 2nd May 2024]

Caporegime
Big Ange looks like he’s about to have a coronary.

Guys been found out.

0 European football. 0 pressure due to kane leaving, lots of money spent in the summer, only 6 points ahead of Manchester United on a absolute terrible season, for everything else there's Mastercard.

Congratulations to Villa on your champions league qualification. A real "big 6" club with actual European pedigree.

Associate
I think the players have to take some of the blame, they look clueless, Son's gone afk, watching Madison makes you realise why Leicester got relegated, this was far too easy for Chelsea.

Associate
Guys been found out.

0 European football. 0 pressure due to kane leaving, lots of money spent in the summer, only 6 points ahead of Manchester United on a absolute terrible season, for everything else there's Mastercard.

Congratulations to Villa on your champions league qualification. A real "big 6" club with actual European pedigree.
?? what on Earth are you waffling on about
It's his 1st season, they lost their best ever player(TM) a few days before season started, money is not much we have to worry about now; they can throw another Beyonce in an F1 cart whilst leading a field of NFL players if they need to. I don't think Man Utd have had a terrible season, I think they have had a season as expected with the dross they have on the pitch.

Villa have been far more consistent and are far more ready for CL in any case.

Caporegime
?? what on Earth are you waffling on about
It's his 1st season, they lost their best ever player(TM) a few days before season started, money is not much we have to worry about now; they can throw another Beyonce in an F1 cart whilst leading a field of NFL players if they need to. I don't think Man Utd have had a terrible season, I think they have had a season as expected with the dross they have on the pitch.

Villa have been far more consistent and are far more ready for CL in any case.

Regardless of losing Kane you spent 200+ million in the summer and 150 million the season before. Without any European football and got booted out of the cups early on so had plenty of time to concentrate on the league.

Unai comes in and has been playing Thursday nights all season in Europe and has done fantastic. Yet big Ange is getting all the plaudits for what I really cannot understand!

Last edited:
Associate
Regardless of losing Kane you spent 200+ million in the summer and 150 million the season before. Without any European football and got booted out of the cups early on so had plenty of time to concentrate on the league.

Unai comes in and has been playing Thursday nights all season in Europe and has done fantastic. Yet big Ange is getting all the plaudits for what I really cannot understand!

Because you're completely ignoring the fact that it was utterly painful at times to watch Spurs last season, truly turgid stuff, despite finishing the league in the same-ish position. Ange has serious work to do no doubt but I'd take a drumming one week from the next to actually watch us have a go and play the ball forward. (granted the performance has fallen well short last few weeks)
Unai is a good manager, but it's not like he is new to the league so not sure why you are comparing the two as both have had their plaudits.

Associate
I think you have to give Ange a break. You're right in a lot of regards, its been a real messy season regardless of just having the league to contend with. There's some who say loosing Kane gave him the space tactically to do what he wanted straight away and that ultimately lead to an advantage, but I don't buy it. He's done remarkably well.

The people who think he should get MoTS over Emery are mental though. Everyone's had injury issues this season and I wouldn't for one second say Villa have had it the worst, but we lost our best center back in the first game of the season, our key midfield play maker not long after and it's only gotten worse since then. We've not really been able to rotate anyone out since Christmas, yet Emery has found a way for us to stay competitive playing two games a week.

Soldato
Adam man, considering the patience and absolute backing you gave OGS who had less credentials and was utterly turgid... you'd think you'd have little more leniency for a manager who's got them playing exciting football if not a little rollercoaster at the mo.

For comparison I suspect Klopp would be on the chopping block after his first season with Liverpool where they finished 8th :p

Back
Top Bottom