Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [28th - 30th September 2024]

and what was the split for the Fernandes appeal?
I couldn't tell you and I'm not sure if those details will be revealed, if you follow Dale Johnson then I'm sure he'll report any details if they come out. He will no doubt report the key match incident panels vote though.

IMO it's not about the outcome.. which is barely a yellow.. but the intent.. to bring a player down by putting your studs above a players knee is just wrong..

Anyone that has played footlball knows that it doesn't take a huge out of control lunge of huge force for that to be a real issue..

personally.. the outcome is not even a yellow.. but the intent by the player is a red all day... I know he didn't but it woudn't have taken much more force, and the players leg to be grounded at the wrong angle for that to be serious..

petulant nonsense from a player who does not deserve the armband.. slip or not..

Wasn’t above the knee though was it? I’ll have to watch it again.

even side of leg/knee.. when stretching/lunging like he did.. I think my point stands..

It ended in no injury.. and almost no contact.. but the intent was to stop the player.. by impacting the leg.. he had no idea if the recipient was in a position to take that contact so that they came out with no injury..

if he made "any" attempt to get the ball.. then all good.. but he didn't..

Last edited:
I know he didn't but it woudn't have taken much more force, and the players leg to be grounded at the wrong angle for that to be serious..

petulant nonsense from a player who does not deserve the armband.. slip or not..

Nothing about the angle, contact etc was remotely dangerous. Whats your saying is that if it was very different it might have been serious...

It was just an awful decision and the only reason the ref gave a red was because it was high and you could see studs. If he had gone to the monitor (as refs probably always should when giving a straight red) he would have reversed his decision.

No what i'm saying is it didn't need to be very much different to be serious.. and any player that goes for legs should be penalised..

It needed to be quite different. I think the amount of different it would have needed to be to actually be a red is similar to the amount a lot of yellow challenges would need to change to become reds.

It needed to be quite different. I think the amount of different it would have needed to be to actually be a red is similar to the amount a lot of yellow challenges would need to change to become reds.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree..

I just find it wierd that anyone can defend a player not trying to get the ball, but just kicking another players leg..

As i've already said.. very petulant, and I think could have been a very different outcome if the recipient had been slightly closer and leg planted.. which Fernandes could not have known.. when he decided to kick out at the players leg.. to try to stop him..

IMO obviously.. and yours differs..

Back
Top Bottom