Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [30th Jan - 1st Feb 2024]

Caporegime
I need to lie down. Great first half but didn't kill it off and then second half we tired and players that have just come back we just don't have adequate replacements for. We have one fit striker at the club so we had to end the game with a kid winger from the youth team up front, it's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Soldato
Both are shockingly poor and so clearly out of their depth it’s almost comical watching them - in fact it almost certainly is comical if you’re not a Man U fan.
I had high hopes for Onana, but he needs to be gone, too much of a liability. Antony can do one too. He has been crap, a couple of great games and some good goals since he joined, but over all, rubbish.

On his day, Bruno is fantastic but tonight's game, he was well off it. Pass after pass failing. probably against the grain here but I would sell him on aswell whilst we can get some good money for him. Rashford has to go. McT can stay for a squad/super sub, he brings at least some fight into the team, even if he does hide when asked to hold midfield. Varane (injury prone), Dalot (inconsistent) need replacing asap, could stay as squad members if wages are adjusted accordingly with new contracts. AWB, one of the best on one on ones but not a first team member. I would keep him for squad depth. I like Shaw and hes been really good this last season and a half. Casemiro get gone asap.

Just my 2cents.

ETH needs to get more youngsters game time from now until the end of the season, apart from maybe getting some crappy euro footy we may as well call it quits this season. From what I have seen from the kids that have had time, they have something more than what the senior player s have, thats fight and playing for the team.

Soldato
Some of the players Utd need rid of people won’t touch or pay remotely close to the wages they have now which will make it hard for them to be moved on.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Antony does indeed need to go. His decision making is poor and his execution is very lacking. He came on against a tired (but fired up) Wolves and kept losing the ball because he was trying to do low percentage things.

As for Onana, the only thing I thought he did wrong last night was when he came out and completely missed the ball and Martinez had to clear it off the line. The third goal was just a good powerful strike. Perhaps a better keeper would have been better positioned but I'm not sure. I don't want my keeper to do a token dive for something they aren't even remotely getting near.

As to our lack of control of the game. Thats because for a long period they were playing with 5 at the back and we had the midfield. As soon as they put another body in there they dominated it. That was what changed the game.

Soldato
Nah keep Anthony, he’s providing all the laughs we expected from Nunez.

This. He really shouldn’t be playing for a PL club let alone Man Utd. Amazing though.

Thought the game yesterday was brilliant, was rooting hard for that equaliser from Wolves. You kind of felt it was going to come.

Then mainoo, that was just class. Absolute class from him. What a goal to finish it and win it. Credit to him probably been their best player for the past couple of months

Man of Honour
Martinez getting treatment on his foot when he went off and having it strapped up...hoping it's just a precaution :(

He's been so good since he's come back

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Martinez getting treatment on his foot when he went off and having it strapped up...hoping it's just a precaution :(

He's been so good since he's come back

Yeah, as I said earlier in the thread, hes so important for the defence. Every time we clear the ball hes firing up the other defenders. High fiving them and generally brings energy and focus to the defence.

Back
Top Bottom