Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [3rd - 6th May 2024]

Soldato
Seriously 10goals and assists and how many penalties has he won?
Southgate was at the game. He'd be beyond daft if he doesn't take him to the euros. Not 100% sure I'd start him in games but for England to have the ability to bring on a player like that, with his speed and his directness and threat to tiring defenders not to mention the "ability" he has to win penalties and freekicks up the pitch to create chances and take the pressure off is golden in tournament football. I've no doubt he will be a big feature for England in future tournaments though so taking him along will be great experience for the lad
He'd be ideal to bring off the bench in the last 10 minutes when Southgates side are defending a 0-0 against Slovenia to secure second place in the group stage :D

I didn't really except Newcastle to get anything at Burnley. First ten minutes were predicable from a side fighting to stay up, then I suppose the rest of the game was predictable for a side that have barely been out the bottom three for last 9 months. Some great shifts by some of the lads, Bruno 8/10 again for about the 30th time this season. Gordon brilliant, even Longstaff and Murphy played well. Loved that Howe started both CFs. Something we have barely seen. Don't think either had their best games but can't complain at a goal each. Easy win in the end.

Associate
Still possible Villa keep 4th its not all gone yet.

It's more likely then not, just depressing that we could have done our part to get it done today and just didn't show up.

Bored of carrying it into European games to be honest. We rested Torres as a concession to today and we might as well not have bothered.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom