Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [10th - 14th January 2020]

Soldato
It's City, we were never going to win.

Next 3 games are huge - Brighton, Watford and Bournemouth. Need a minimum of 6 points there to have a chance at survival. Any less and we can kiss our short stay in the PL goodbye.

Caporegime
On another note, has anyone else noticed how flat Martin Tyler's commentary has been all season, especially when Liverpool are playing? Seems to be no enthusiasm in his voice any more, almost like he's bored of the game. Used to be one of the best out there.
He's a rabid Man United fan. Seeing Liverpool this successful strikes him at his very core.

Don
It hits us all hard :(
Karma for supporting City last season.

Tyler isn't a Manc either, he's just old and miserable. When you hear him talk about VAR it's like he's talking about robots taking over the world. Like Motson, he's gone on too long and Sky need to replace him.

Caporegime

Tyler isn't a Manc either, he's just old and miserable. When you hear him talk about VAR it's like he's talking about robots taking over the world. Like Motson, he's gone on too long and Sky need to replace him.
Have you heard him when United score? He goes crazy.

Don

I'd agree, a few years ago I thought Taylor was easily the best commentator out there but now he just grates on me. Unfortunately, the others on Sky Sports are just as bad. Also the 'pundits' are terrible and little in terms of prep/research half the time. Yesterday, Lescott and Steph Houghton? The latter claimed Aguero needed to score more CL goals to be up there with the best strikers in the world, horrendous. Also, Clinton Morrison? Jeez.

Caporegime
I liked Alex Scott when she was on, really knows her stuff. Then she went on Strictly so likely won’t be back on until next season. Sourness is getting in a bit and partial to a whinge rather than insightful analysis. As much as I hated him when he played Neville is decent, as is Jamie Carragher and Redknapp. Agreed that Tyler is past it though.

Back
Top Bottom