Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [17th - 21st March 2018]

Soldato
It'll take another season for anyone to pay top money for Salah, fortunately for Liverpool.

I mean he's always looked like he had the potential to be a top player, but the issue was always his finishing and end product. I'd see him continuously skin people for fun at Roma then bottle 1v1s. Maybe it's Klopp and the style of play.

Don
Really impressive response to the loss last week. Other than a sloppy 10 minutes in the middle of the first half where we gave the ball away 1000 times, that was a really good all round performance.

I'm not sure what's more impressive, the amount of goals Salah's scored or the fact that was his first hattrick of the season. Whenever you see players score this amount of goals they've usually had several hattricks in there but Salah's managed it through scoring in nearly every game.

edit: I've just realised Salah has a very real chance of breaking the record for the most goals in a PL season. He's currently just 3 goals behind the record with 7 games to go and he's averaging a goal every 85 minutes. Even if he weren't to break the record he's still scored an unreal number of goals for a wide forward that's not a regular penalty taker.

Last edited:
Don
I honestly cannot quite believe the impact Salah has had since signing :D What a player :)
I would never have thought it considering his history. I will be amazed if he continues into next season like this.

To be fair to him, in his previous couple of seasons he had scored a decent number of goals for a wide player and I wouldn't have been shocked had he scored around 20 goals for us but never did I think he'd be on course to score 30+ in the league and possibly 40 in all comps.

As to whether he can carry it on into next season, given how well he's done (a non penalty taking, non centre forward on course to score more in a pl season than Shearer, Henry, Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo and Suarez) of course that will be incredibly difficult but it doesn't look like he's going to be a 15 goal a season player either. The positive thing from his point of view is he's got better as the season has gone on - had he been able to finish in the first 4-5 weeks of the season then he'd have comfortably broke the record by now.

Soldato
Oh I was reasonably happy with his signing, knew he was quick and dangerous.

I just never expected him to score this amount of goals.

I bet Chelsea are absolutely sick they never gave him more of a chance. That said, I don't think their team setup was ever really suited to his game.

Soldato
I first saw Salah playing in a pre season friendly (I think it was against palace) and could tell straight away he is going to score a lot of goals. I put him in my fantasy team at the start and he hasn't left since! :D

Back
Top Bottom