Fixtures on Sky:

wda55RW.png

TV:
wda55RW.png

Radio:

Tables:
wda55RW.png

Soldato
Agreed, should be a great game in-store, really hope both teams continue to play with the confidence they have been showing.

Elsewhere a close battle with Everton and Liverpool. Provided Rodgers sticks with 4-4-2 I can see them winning. They haven't looked solid when they played 3-5-2.

Cannot even predict how we will do against Norwich, probably the two most inconsistent sides in the league! On paper we should finish the job easily, but I think many of the foreign players have been doing well due to big game syndrome. I doubt they will have the same desire against Norwich...

Caporegime
Tough game for us against Soton, who are doing well. At least we are at home so should help us somewhat. Tbh this international break hasnt done us any favours sadly as i would have rather seen us play the weekend after we lost.

Hopefully 3 pts bagged for us this weekend, fingers crossed.

Soldato
Looking forward to Saturday's game against Arsenal. Fingers crossed we can get something out of it.

I just thought I'd have a look for the thread when Adkins was sacked and Pochettino appointed. I imagine a few people in here have changed their tune now! :p

Soldato
[ASSE]Hinchy;25335109 said:
Looking forward to Saturday's game against Arsenal. Fingers crossed we can get something out of it.

I just thought I'd have a look for the thread when Adkins was sacked and Pochettino appointed. I imagine a few people in here have changed their tune now! :p

It's an extremely similar situation Newcastle found themselves in. Hughton was doing a fantastic job for us, and the fans were happy. Then all of a sudden he's sacked and replaced with Pardew, who nobody wanted, had no recent history of success...

He then guided us to 5th in his first full season.

Mind you, he's done nothing else since, and I can see the same thing happening to Southampton. Pochetino will eventually run out of ideas, and other clubs will learn his style. He's doing a good job at the moment, but he's taken on board a fantastic squad of young hungry players just reaching their peak. His true calling (as with Pardew) is can he nurture these players into even bigger players.

Associate
I hope the England games haven't taken their toll on Lallana and co, pleased for him but meh to International football these days.

Caporegime
First time in like 5 years I won't be watching. The real world is rubbish! Though I think Martinez might give too much respect to what today is so it won't be decent from an Everton perspective.

It should be a brilliant match considering how well both teams are playing but I just can't see it happening.

Soldato
[ASSE]Hinchy;25335109 said:

It's an extremely similar situation Newcastle found themselves in. Hughton was doing a fantastic job for us, and the fans were happy. Then all of a sudden he's sacked and replaced with Pardew, who nobody wanted, had no recent history of success...

He then guided us to 5th in his first full season.

Mind you, he's done nothing else since, and I can see the same thing happening to Southampton. Pochetino will eventually run out of ideas, and other clubs will learn his style. He's doing a good job at the moment, but he's taken on board a fantastic squad of young hungry players just reaching their peak. His true calling (as with Pardew) is can he nurture these players into even bigger players.

The single biggest danger for Southampton (as it was for Newcastle and Stoke before us) is qualifying for the Europa League.

With a shallow squad and the additional games, especially the away matches, it puts tremendous pressure on the team and it's inevitable that something has to give.

Newcastle are only now recovering and it's still shaky…

Despite the wins against Chelsea and Spurs, I can see us tripping up over Norwich this afternoon.

Caporegime
Liverpool: Mignolet, Johnson, Flanagan, Agger, Skrtel, Lucas, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Suarez.

Flanagan and no Sturridge...

Thanks for playing an unfit player for 90 minutes you ******* Owl faced ****.

Back
Top Bottom