Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [26th - 30th January 2019]

Don
At least someone has some sense in here.

It was far from a robbery and if you can’t put more than 1 past Leicester at home from open play then you’re asking for trouble.
Depends how you view things. Leicester had chances to win and we certainly didn't play well but despite all that, they could and probably should have been down to 10 men for most of the game and we should have had a clear penalty.

You're never going to play well every week and it's these fine margins that can make the difference between whether you win, draw or lose in games like this.

Caporegime
Depends how you view things. Leicester had chances to win and we certainly didn't play well but despite all that, they could and probably should have been down to 10 men for most of the game and we should have had a clear penalty.

You're never going to play well every week and it's these fine margins that can make the difference between whether you win, draw or lose in games like this.
It's these type of games we need someone like Coutinho to take a shot from outside the box, exactly like Shaqiri did against United but he seems to have stopped doing that lately. Gini seems to do that for Holland but not for us.

I'm struggling to understand why we kept playing it out wide for Robertson and Henderson to get the crosses in. Not only did we not commit enough players in to the box, we don't have anyone to compete in the air against Evans and Leicester. Think Klopp go the tactics wrong tonight tbh.

Man of Honour
Well, we play Bournemouth on the same weekend that City play Chelsea. Right at the moment I would rather those two oppositions were around the other way !

Man of Honour
It's these type of games we need someone like Coutinho to take a shot from outside the box, exactly like Shaqiri did against United but he seems to have stopped doing that lately. Gini seems to do that for Holland but not for us.

I'm struggling to understand why we kept playing it out wide for Robertson and Henderson to get the crosses in. Not only did we not commit enough players in to the box, we don't have anyone to compete in the air against Evans and Leicester. Think Klopp go the tactics wrong tonight tbh.

This is where the Ox comes in toward the end of the season and takes us over the finish line :D

Don
It's these type of games we need someone like Coutinho to take a shot from outside the box, exactly like Shaqiri did against United but he seems to have sopped doing that lately. Gini seems to do that for Holland but not for us.

I think games like today show why Shaq is probably better for us coming off the bench rather than starting. You can't just start with the idea of taking pot shots from 25 yards but if he's coming on when the game is a bit stretched and he's going to get more space to get shots away then fair enough.

The way Leicester set-up and the condition of the pitch meant it was going to be incredibly difficult to play through Leicester. Looking at Klopp on the touchline during the game you can see that he was signalling to them to switch the play and try to get around the sides of them, unfortunately when we were getting wide the temptation to cross the ball early was too much for some players.

Don
Anything's possible with Chelsea but if they did then it would be up there with Palace's decision to sack Fran de Boer after a few games. To appoint a manager that plays such a different style of football to your last two managers only to sack him before he's even had a chance to implement his changes is braindead.

Permabanned
Christ almighty, you got beat fair and square, your first goal shouldn’t have stood after the foul on the keeper and you should have been down to ten men, the ref clearly said to wait for the whistle which he didn’t do. TBH your fans got what they deserved, they were the worst and quietest away fans I have seen at SJP for years, Cardiff 2 weeks ago only brought 800-1000 fans and made far more noise than your lot.

There was no foul on your keeper. Silva delivered the ball before the contact with the keeper.

Now now fella, it's all going to be alright, I'm sure Sheikh Mansour will fiddle FFP again if City doesn't win it this year.

Interesting stat on BT Sports TV Guide for the game tonight, Liverpool haven't lost a home midweek PL fixture since May 2012.

If FFP is a problem, why don't the FA ban a player or two from the squad, so everyone calms down and stops with this?!
Why do they allow transfers and then moan like little *******?!

Caporegime
FFP is a UEFA thing. They don't do anything, the chairman of PSG is being appointed to the UEFA executive committee and they're the biggest violators of the rules.

Back
Top Bottom