Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [28th September - 3rd October 2018]

Don
A draw away to Chelsea is never a bad result but it's hard not to be frustrated after that because we could have taken all 3 points today had we just been 1% better. The goal we conceded was such a poor goal to concede - our midfield gets sucked over to the left and then Trent ends up in no mans land, leaving an easy pass to Hazard. If Trent's going to run in there then he has to either win the ball or just clear somebody out to stop the game. Despite the goal it was our attack that's most frustrating thing today. Our lack of cutting edge in attack almost cost us wins vs Spurs and PSG but it definitely cost us today - there must have been half a dozen times in the first half where we opened Chelsea up but our final pass or shot was atrocious. It's only a matter of time before they click into gear again but I hope it's sooner rather than later because Napoli away and City at home aren't games where we can afford to take 4 chances to score. Stunning strike from Sturridge at the end though.

edit: And the Salah chance that was cleared off the line in the first half is exactly why players go to ground when they can stay on their feet. Alonso was pulling him back and tripped him, if he went down it's a pen and red card but instead he's having to go round the keeper taking a shot off balance on his weak foot.

Last edited:
Associate
Just catching up with MotD. Jose trying to get himself fired now? I don't understand putting that young lad in a back 3, he's a midfielder isn't he? Team look like they're not playing for him at all.

Soldato
Anyone know why Bailey wasn't playing yesterday? Because he's annoyed Jose?

Looks like it.

He's pretty average aswell tbf. Better then a midfielder there tho like.

I think United were unlucky yesterday watching MOTD tbh. First was a mile offside and that second is just pure luck. Hit the post and an unreal save by Fabianski from Feillani

Man of Honour
Regarding the 'super sunday' comments at the start of the thread, I was thinking yesterday what with no Saturday matches being on Sky that it is literally the worst weekend EPL (for weekends where there has been a full fixture list) I can remember there ever being on Sky. Cardiff vs Burnley, that's it for the whole weekend, plus Bournemouth vs Palace if you count Monday.
There have been drab Sundays in the past, but normally you'd have at least two matches, or one on Saturday, and chances are at least one 'decent' match that would appeal to neutrals.

Back
Top Bottom