Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [30th March - 3rd April 2018]

Don
Lamela. Liverpool game? I'm assuming thats why he's ********* as you eloquently put it
LOL not at all actually. It's based on what he done at Stamford Bridge the other season and didn't he goad an opposition player earlier in the season after the final whistle and nearly cause a fight?

edit: vs Arsenal.

And cheers for the heads up - I've asked the powers that be to add it.

Don
I'd take a draw - still leaves Chelsea needing us to drop points 3 times but all that matters is they don't win.

edit: If Kane turns his ankle in the next 20 minutes Poch should be shot! Why on earth is he bringing him on here?

Soldato
I'd take a draw - still leaves Chelsea needing us to drop points 3 times but all that matters is they don't win.

edit: If Kane turns his ankle in the next 20 minutes Poch should be shot! Why on earth is he bringing him on here?

I was thinking the same thing. He does make some strange decisions at times. Only thing I can think of is that he offers work rate apart from the obvious.

Don
I was thinking the same thing. He does make some strange decisions at times. Only thing I can think of is that he offers work rate apart from the obvious.
I wondered that too. I am sure Poch knows what he is doing though.
Given his importance to the side, I've often wondered why he never gets subbed off even if you're 3 or 4 goals up. In the least **** take way possible, I honestly think Spurs tactic to keep Kane is to make him feel like the most important player in the world and do everything to help him win individual honours like the golden boot.

Soldato
Given his importance to the side, I've often wondered why he never gets subbed off even if you're 3 or 4 goals up. In the least **** take way possible, I honestly think Spurs tactic to keep Kane is to make him feel like the most important player in the world and do everything to help him win individual honours like the golden boot.

I can see where you are coming from but then Spurs will quite happily make a stance on other players for example Walker and Alderweireld

Don
There are some games where Salah should surely be subbed, but he’s left on... presumably for a similar reason. The idea being to let him chase individual stuff if he’s not in the red zone etc (although with Liverpool it may be because no lead is safe :p).

Eg. 267 minutes when pumping West Ham, Watford, and Porto.
Salah has regularly been subbed off. Despite making 31 pl appearances to Kane's 29 (before today), they've played practically the same number of minutes.

Don
I wasn’t saying he’s played more or isn’t subbed, but he’s been left on for no reason a bunch of times. Just something which I’ve noticed watching some dead and buried games and thought was weird because his pace is such a big factor and I wouldn’t have thought it was worth playing him for the entire games.
Without checking, I'd guess other players in need of a rest were subbed off instead - he can't only protect Salah in every game. Klopp clearly has rested Salah at points throughout the season, either not starting him or taking him off with 20-30 minutes to go. Kane on the other hand seemingly plays every minute he's available - quickly checking transfermarkt, only twice has he been subbed off before the 85th minute other than when coming off injured. To bring him on today when you're 2 goals up with 20 minutes to go, when he's coming back from an injury earlier than expected just seemed like a risky decision.

Caporegime
One thing that struck me about today’s game against Stoke was the amount of empty seats. I guess fans are starting to vote with their wallets, something that should have been a few yrs back.

Anyhow was a meh game, pretty much fell asleep as it was that boring. Happy for Auba to bag 2 goals and nice gesture from him to give laca a goal which cost him his hat trick. As for people complaining that the ref gave us the game due to a dubious penalty?? How short are your memories?? I remember how we got cheated out of 3 points the last time we played Stoke;). Swings and roundabouts :p.

Caporegime
Reminds me of one of my favourite pictures of Torres, incredible moobs and Theo Walcott after playing in traffic abusing him

Back
Top Bottom