Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [8th - 13th February 2019]

Caporegime
Say what you like about giving him time, Sarri seems totally one dimensional and the players don't seem keen on him. Can't see him lasting.

It's the players, there's obviously a rotten core that's now gotten 2 managers sacked and about to get rid of the 3rd. They can play when they want to, but they don't want to most of the time.

City 5-0 up and bringing on Jesus and Mahrez, looool

Caporegime
It's the players, there's obviously a rotten core that's now gotten 2 managers sacked and about to get rid of the 3rd. They can play when they want to, but they don't want to most of the time.

Yet the players won things, and Real have 'gotten managers fired' yet won back to back to back CL titles as well. So maybe, just maybe, the managers were failing and the players are rightly not putting up with it and managers are getting fired for not being good enough. Apparently it's fine that if a player isn't cutting it a manager cuts and then sells them, but if the manager isn't cutting it and their system doesn't work, their training is awful and they **** off everyone at the club it's everyone else's fault.

For no apparent reason at all fans seem to love managers and blame players.

Personally I think there are times where a managers ideas work great with a very specific set of players at a very specific club and in a specific league, the manager believes it's entirely them and every single thing they do is crucial to this. So they go somewhere else and assume if they do the exact same things, same training, bring in one of the same players, maybe two, if they tell the players the same things and play the same way they'll get the exact same result.

The best managers adapt as much to their players, a league and a situation as they expect players to adapt to them and they keep adapting over their career. Other managers think this worked in situation A so if I keep doing the same thing it must work in situation B. I think this is what you've got with Sarri, a guy who is stuck rigidly to trying to recreate what happened with Napoli and is utterly unwilling to adapt or think outside the box at all.

Caporegime
Yet the players won things, and Real have 'gotten managers fired' yet won back to back to back CL titles as well. So maybe, just maybe, the managers were failing and the players are rightly not putting up with it and managers are getting fired for not being good enough.

Looking at the individual performances, it's a group of players that aren't buying into the managers philosophy so you can either pin that on the players or manager. They have won everything pretty much so where's the desire to go out and do it all again?

Caporegime
I said with the Bournemouth game it looks to me like the Chelsea players have downtooled, it looks the same again but I was a bit surprised to see Chelsea starting in a 4-3-3 so it's probably a bit of both today in that some of the blame has to go with the manager/tactics.

Don
League really is going down to the wire, can’t see City losing again and there’s only United from Liverpool’s fixtures where I see a struggle.
Maybe in theory but with the exception of the Leicester game, where City looked a little fragile (and they still went ahead that day too), City's previous defeats all seemed to come out of the blue. When City went ahead at home to Palace and away to Newcastle everybody thought they'd cruise to victories. I think there could be a couple of unexpected twists and turns between now and the end of the season.

Back
Top Bottom