Greta Thunberg

Permabanned
Not a fan of hers, think she could do with putting a sock in it. Is almost certainly a hypocrite, doubt if she even cares about environment, probably just a narcassist and likes being a spoiled brat in front of lots of ppl. What do you reckon?

Permabanned
OP
The whole episode sort of reminds me of those American beauty pageant things where parents make their young daughters dress up in highly inappropriate attire.

Permabanned
OP
Lots of the ol' "If we can't fix the problem 100% why even bother trying' going on in here. It's like the pro gun nuts in the US saying guns shouldn't be banned because people could still get them.

Personally I find her a bit cringy but if it gets an important message across to millions of people then I'm all for it.

So what is the message?

Permabanned
OP
A 16 year old trying to make a difference should be studying hard at school and going on to become one of the many thousands of engineers and scientist that will be required to generate the myriad of techno-economic solutions spanning many sectors that when combined will start to reduce global carbon emissions.

Permabanned
OP
70980452_3306010922773224_3674479658579001344_n.jpg

12 year old is too young to fully understand the intricacies of a complex technological, political and economical issue therefore the killers of James Bulger are too young to understand what they did so should be 100% forgiven, no questions asked. That is basically what you just said.

Permabanned
OP
The biggest and 'lowest hanging fruit' for tackling climate change is to reverse global population growth. You can argues the toss about western countries having a per capita larger carbon footprint but ultimately the carbon capture and green technologies that are developed to reduce atmospheric CO2 will come from western universities and corporations... So, why doesn't Grerta go on a tour of the developing world with a "How DARE you breed like rabbits!!!" slogan. I wonder why?

Back
Top Bottom