Group Buy of Dr Colorchip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
By my simple math,

You charged 70 people ~ £5 for delivery - Totalling £350
You have spent £2 on delivery, totalling £140

Net gain - £210... That covers the cost of your kit AND the £40 you lost just to exchange rate changes. WTH is happening with the other £1xx??

The total amount of money I received including everyones postage was £130 MORE than what I in the end had to pay Dr Colorchip, including a rather large fee from paypal, and the change in exchange rates. Trust me when I say with nearly £3000s worth of orders I got stung on exchange rate!

So when I received the orders, I had in my bank account (the one used specifically for this group buy) £133 something, I've then spent £180 on postage to send them all out.

Along with having had to go 40miles round trip to collect the kits, then spent the time printing individual addresses off, checking the contents of the kits etc.

To conclude, the money of which I was paid has all gone, plus £40odd on top of that of my own money to post them all out. Yet I haven't asked any of you for any of that back have I? Problem lies where exactly?

Soldato
jesus i bet he is sorry be bothered his ass,

scuzi is right, you tight wads should have ordered your own :p

its gonna be worse when people realise this isnt as good as they thought it would be!!

Associate
All the better for Scooby to be up to be honest, I'd be happy that part of the price I paid (still less than if I were to order individually) went towards the time and effort that he has put in to organise such a large order.

Man of Honour
The fact its a large order is his doing though, we had no idea he was also running it on other forums. I thought i was in an ocuk group buy. Had i known it was going to be like this i would have ordered myself for an extra tenner and had it 3 months ago. Then to find it gets posted without tracking for the sake of 80p takes the biscuit. I admire his initial effort but the way its been run makes me wish i had not bothered.

Soldato
Theres several people on here who sound like they moan for the sake of it. Get over it, if you were so desperate for it then then you could have ordered yourself. You still saved a fair bit of money.

Permabanned
Theres several people on here who sound like they moan for the sake of it. Get over it, if you were so desperate for it then then you could have ordered yourself. You still saved a fair bit of money.

I doubt anyone was desperate for it, but three months is longer than any group buy I've ever heard of by a long way. I didn't order by the way, just sticking up for some of the 'moaners' because I'd have been slightly miffed with the time it's taken. If you read the OP it makes out it will be a small group buy with forum members here and some 'work mates', not 90 odd people which would have rung alarm bells for a lot of people with regards to customs and waiting times etc.

Don
It hasn't been any bother for the rest of us though, took me 2 mins to pay and it will turn up in post

so what if it took some time, no big deal to me

Permabanned
It hasn't been any bother for the rest of us though, took me 2 mins to pay and it will turn up in post

so what if it took some time, no big deal to me

I'm just saying I understand where some people are coming from that's all, especially if they have been involved in 'normal' group buys before. :)

Don
I'm just saying I understand where some people are coming from that's all, especially if they have been involved in 'normal' group buys before. :)

wasn't particularly aimed at any one person, it's just that the guy has put himself out to help us and he think he deserves thanks and not folks moaning at him :)

Soldato
I'm going to close this thread now as it's starting to go a bit off topic.

Just start a new results thread once you all start getting your kits and try not derail the thread.

If you do have a problem then contact ScoobyDoo69 directly and I'm sure he'll be happy to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom