gsync or high res monitor?

Associate
lol i would but no way can i wait that long lol im terrible at waiting as have no patience at all :) the monitor im thinking of getting is over £400...its this one here https://www.overclockers.co.uk/acer...descreen-led-monitor-black-red-mo-110-ac.html

although will probably be getting it from the dredded catalouge so can pay weekly :D

A 27" 1080 panel ?

That's a bit of a compromise. Pixel density will be a bit low, and you may see jagged edges on text and maybe some graphics. For not much more money you can get a 1440 panel. If you're buying from a catalogue you'll probably be paying more than the Overclockers UK price. I suppose if you`ve got not patience you're not going to wait.

Associate
OP
I'm using a 27" 1080 monitor now and have zero issues with jagged edges in games or with text,everything looks pretty good and after getting used to 27" I couldn't go lower to say 24" as it would seem to small :)

thanks for all the advice so far,i will have a good think and see what happens,i will try not to be so compulsive lol and actually think on the matter.

thanks again

Associate
I'm using a 27" 1080 monitor now and have zero issues with jagged edges in games or with text,everything looks pretty good and after getting used to 27" I couldn't go lower to say 24" as it would seem to small :)

thanks for all the advice so far,i will have a good think and see what happens,i will try not to be so compulsive lol and actually think on the matter.

thanks again

Unless your existing monitor is faulty, or very poor quality, it seems the only real "upgrade" you'll be making is G-Sync, and a potential higher refresh rate. Obviously it's your decision to make, but if I were you I'd go for a 1440 screen.

Associate
OP
what 1440p with gsync or 1440p without? would I be ok running 1440p without gsync with my current setup? as can pick up 1440p monitor quite cheap if without gsync..oh and one ,more question,does running a 1440p monitor at 1080p look really bad? as I was thinking I could drop the res in games that run with low fps if I needed to but my brother has told me that 1080p looks nasty on a 1440p monitor?

Last edited:
Associate
what 1440p with gsync or 1440p without? would I be ok running 1440p without gsync with my current setup? as can pick up 1440p monitor quite cheap if without gsync..oh and one ,more question,does running a 1440p monitor at 1080p look really bad? as I was thinking I could drop the res in games that run with low fps if I needed to but my brother has told me that 1080p looks nasty on a 1440p monitor?

1440 + G-Sync is the way to go IMHO.

You should realyy set your screen resolution to match that of your monitor (native resolution). If you set a lower resolution your monitor has to upscale the output from your PC which causes a loss of sharpness. It can look fairly bad.

Associate
OP
ok thanks,i will have a good think about it,im a little bit swaying towards 1080p gsync at the moment as the monitors are a tad cheaper plus theres no cheap decent 1440p gsyncs in the catalogue lol we don't have a great deal of money with me being disabled so would have to save for quite a while to buy a monitor outright.

thanks again

Back
Top Bottom