GT Omega Pro

Associate
Build-wise it seems to be really good, maybe slightly better than AKRacing's beginner model, and just below the Nitro Concepts S300, also in price.

However there are lots of complaints everywhere, parts don't seem to fit, and it doesn't seem all that comfortable to many, especially heavier persons seem to feel the steel bars (I'm not that heavy, but with 1.82m a bit bigger).

What are you experiences, and would you still recommend it?

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I have had one since Oct 2015 in grey and black fabric rather than leather/pleather..did this purely for wear purposes and to avoid sweaty butt crack when sitting down for a few hours of gaming

I am 5'10 and 13 stones and its perfectly comfortable for me...I sit in it for many hours over a weekend!

the foam base is firm and shows no sign of my arse imprint even after more than 2 years!

only thing that went wrong was a bolt fell out that connected the seat to the base...and that was the bit I did! made sure it was done tighter when I put it back

I think its a good value chair and if it failed now I would go and get the exact same model to replace it

Soldato
I sat on the GT Omega Pro at i62 over the weekend and it felt good. I'm 5'8 and it was a comfortable fit. Unfortunately I can only compare it to my Ikea Markus and a friends DXRacer (not sure which model), but it certainly didn't feel cheap or nasty. Price wise it comes in at £189 (£179 if you shop around) which is £40 cheaper than the Vertagear SL2000, £60 cheaper than the DXRacer F99/N and £40 cheaper than the Nitro S300.

The Pro and Elite (which is £30 more) didn't seem that different to be honest, definitely not worth the extra cash.

I can post up some pictures of my GT Pro when it arrives, but for now it seems like great value when compared to models from other competitors.

OcUK Staff
Whilst they are competitively priced, our experience with GT Omega and our customers feedback has been largely negative for the long term lifespan of the chair. Of course in FTM's case that doesn't appear to be the case, so who knows, luck of the draw maybe.

Associate
OP
Hi, I believe I understood existing criticisms of the GT Omega wrongly. Apparently the steel bars are not felt through the seat cushion by heavier persons, but the sides of the seat are very restricting. This is a relatively common complaint I have also seen come up elsewhere.

On the other hand, I've also seen common statements about the relatively firm cushioning compared to the DXRacer for example or in general.
The Nitro Concepts S300 was also very hard to me, by the way. No use going by its cushioned appearance.

Associate
I've owned the GT Omega Pro with the RS9 chair since early March. I'm 6'2" and 18 stone. The RS9 chair supports my broad shoulders, without hugging you too much. So if you're a smaller framed person that likes to feel hugged in a chair, then the RS6 is what I would go for, otherwise the RS9 is fit for all.

Build quality with mine is outstanding, very comfy for a sports seat, which is firm, but even sitting in it for 8hrs I've no complaints. The chair is solid, feels great to the touch, and looks so much better in person, with great detail, that you'd expect from a real £600+ Racing seat.

I have the TS-XW racer, T3PA Pro pedals and TH8A shifter, which is all hard mounted with the provided screws. Everything feels very solid, even with the FFB at maximum, there's hardly any flex. Same with the shifter mount, once everything is done up tightly, there's no noticeable flex.

I've also added my own mounts so I could install a HOTAS, so it makes for an even better experience in Elite Dangerous in VR.
Also allows you to use the stick as a handbrake too. :)

zTqlNUc.jpg

g5EP5cc.jpg

Associate
I've had a GT Omega Pro for a couple of years. I have a bad back so I use a lumbar roll to support me, otherwise apart from sweaty bum from the pleather seat it's a good setup. It does squeak a bit with heavy FFB and transponders rattling away so not the most rigid. If I don't upgrade to a full motion setup I might try and find a comfortable car seat.

Back
Top Bottom