GT Omega XL - are they all this badly built? (rant)

Soldato
I had my first GT Omega XL chair delivered toward the end of January.

Within the first few days the left arm just kept slipping down, it wouldn't stay up. Email support and they sent me a new one out within a few days.

Owners will know these chairs sit pretty tall, I need to have it at my lowest so I can sit under my desk comfortably. Now I sat on it last week, and could hear a hissing sound, at first I thought it was just air being pushed out of the cushion (like a balloon going down slowly).

My 15 month old likes to sit at my desk to smash my keyboard so I have to lift up the chair so she can reach better.

Turns out... it wasn't air coming out the cushion I heard, it was the piston gas leaking out. The chair no longer lifts up. I've emailed support again.

They asked if I could try and remove the piston arm. (Anyone who has owned an office chair ever will know once these things go into place they rarely come back out)

So I tried for an hour to get the piston arm out of the base of the chair and the wheel base to no avail. Explained this to support and they said they would send me out a new one.

Received a box yesterday containing a new piston...

This chair is less than 2 months old and I've already had 2 parts fail on it. I've emailed them back again this morning explaining I cannot get the piston out of the mechanism or the wheel base...

They now either need to send me a new mechanism for the new piston to go in and a new wheel base. I'm at the point where my next email is going to be demanding a refund and they can have this heap of junk back.

OcUK Staff
There's a reason we don't sell GT Omega. All chairs suffer problems, our brands included, but not on the level/frequency I've heard from unhappy GT Omega customers.

LHM

LHM

Associate
Ive had my GT Omega since November, its as perfect today as the day I bought it and it gets a lot of daily use. Very well built and feels very decent. Very happy with my purchase and im always very fussy!

Back
Top Bottom